• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

‘Assessment’ York Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Hello, this is my first time applying for a railway role. I currently work as a PC and I am looking for a career change.

I applied for the Train Driver position at York in late January. I really hoped that I wouldn’t have to apply again after March takeover as per Northern’s website notice last week! Luckily I checked the website login yesterday (Friday) and the status has changed from ‘application in process’ to ‘Assessment!’ So, I am over the moon with that. I just hope the status change isn’t a mistake. :lol:

I haven’t received an email confirmation as of yet however I am just wondering what the Northern ‘assessment’ entails so I can start preparing, is it interview, tests or both does anybody know?

Is anybody else going through the process for York - if so, good luck.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarcusL1

Unfortunately the ‘Assessment’ status doesn’t mean you will be attending an assessment day, but rather an online numerical and verbal reasoning test with SHL. By now, you should have received a link for this, but if you haven’t by now it’s most likely you will need to reapply should it be readvertised post-nationalisation. Take this with a grain of salt as I’m not an expert, but this is from my experience applying on the Deutsche Bahn careers page

ST

The assessment phase for Northern has meant your application is being assessed for suitability. If you are successful then you would be put forward for an interview and then further to this the Psychometric Assessments. I would suggest you call Northern HR on 01904568101 on Monday to ask for clarity, particularly in light of the transfer to Northern Rail Limited and the experiences of other forum users.

Good luck.

Whippet

Thanks for replies. I got in touch with HR. Didn’t explain what the ‘assessment’ status meant on the website however they have directly emailed me stating my application is still in progress. So fingers crossed. A few days before I got the email about transferring my data over so hopefully this means I won’t have to apply again.

ST

Morning,
Can anyone send across an example Shift Pattern for a Northern Driver at York? Feel free to PM if easier.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.