• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

“Do not stand in the aisles!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

The only time I can think of this being needed is if there's a lighting failure in one coach, on some of our older stock even a partial fault can leave vestibule lighting off, and of course for coupling, not that anyone listens.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phlip

The ability for the public to follow announcements for their own benefit really does stagger me. Advice such as closing the window blinds to prevent heating up whilst stranded over the PA are usually ignored until a member staff walks down asking the people sat at the windows to close them.

Well I commute by train and generally just switch off, especially on the way home. I've heard it all before and 99% of what's said is useless rubbish like "see it say it sorted".

Bikeman78

Established Member
This seems somewhat at variance with those London/South East operators who in recent times have been cheerfully taking seats out to allow more standing passengers.

They go through tunnels as well !
Hopefully the class 345s will soon be going through quite a long tunnel.

randyrippley

Established Member
That's not what they said.
People like to invent interpretations these days so I don't blame you but no need to join them.
in which case what does this mean?
“Please take a seat and do not stand in the aisles or vestibules. We go through many tunnels so it becomes a safety issue. Please make sure you remain seated.”

I don't think I'm inventing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.