• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

00:06 from Salisbury to Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfbmatthew

Hi, new to the forum here
I saw that there is a service departing Salisbury just past midnight tonight on an STP timetable scheduled only for this Sunday.
It is running from Salisbury to Temple Meads.
It seems mighty odd to run a service then and I was wondering if anyone knew why they were?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I saw that there is a service departing Salisbury just past midnight tonight on an STP timetable scheduled only for this Sunday.
It seems mighty odd to run a service then and I was wondering if anyone knew why they were?

Thanks

Engineering work between Southampton and Salisbury means that they have to run a later train North from Salisbury to connect with the bus and maintain through journey possibilities.

The normal service terminates at Westbury (2208 from Portsmouth Harbour) with no connection to Bristol but it is possible that they need to run the train through to Bristol tonight to balance stock / crew workings.

jawr256

Thanks

1F40 in the usual Sunday working timetable is 22:08 Portsmouth Harbour - Westbury 23:59 (via Salisbury at 23:28)

Because of engineering works between Southampton and Salisbury this appears to be replaced today by:
  • 1F40 22:08 Portsmouth Harbour - Southampton Central 22:55
  • Bus 23:06 Southampton Central - Salisbury 23:56
  • 1Z40 00:06 Salisbury - Bristol Temple Meads 01:25 (via Westbury at 00:34)
So the extra part compared to usual is Westbury - Bristol - not sure why that is but possibly crew/unit diagramming consequences of the engineering works.

Status
Not open for further replies.