• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

01:25 Brighton to Worthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolzac

Hi everyone,

Looking to maybe have a night out on Friday night in Brighton (April 10th) travelling from Worthing. Was looking at the last train back from either Hove or Brighton, which is listed on NRE as 00:25 from Hove. However, I thought this seemed a bit early. I checked the times of London Victoria trains and there is one that leaves London at 00:05 calling at Brighton at 01:17 and then Hove at 01:25 terminating at Worthing at 01:47.

Why is this train not listed when you ask to go from Brighton/Hove to Worthing? Is it somehow an 'exit only' train?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coolzac

Could you clarify why exactly it is exit only? I understand it might not run sometimes, but if it is running, why wouldn't you let passengers on?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Could you clarify why exactly it is exit only? I understand it might not run sometimes, but if it is running, why wouldn't you let passengers on?

They might take the view that passengers from Brighton at 0125 may be more disruptive than passengers leaving London at 0005 - it also means that they can shut the doors for accessing Brighton at an earlier time and simply manage people leaving trains.

tony6499

It is a set down only stop and policed so nobody can join the train, always has been since the advertised trains were withdrawn because of too much hooliganism

Status
Not open for further replies.