• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0230 Gatwick Airport to London Bridge - Route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hi all,

I'm in position to do the titled move on Saturday morning, but I have yet to determine which route it goes. It's only booked to call at East Croydon and London Bridge (lower level platforms), but I can't tell whether it goes via Coulsdon South before Croydon and even more importantly which way it goes to Bridge.

Anyone here know? Most appreciated!

Ta,

Julian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glynn80

Established Member
Booked via Stoats Nest Junction (so not via Coulsdon South) then via Streatham Common and Tulse Hill to London Bridge

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ta, I'll check the Baker later and see if it's worth doing.

If not, I'll probs just do the North Terminal thingy or something.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
2W80

Code:
[B]GTW   0230  [/B]                     
ELD   0236                      
RDH   0237                                 
PUR   0243                      
SCY   0245                      
[B]ECR   0247  [/B]                           
SRS   0250                  
SRC   0255                      
STE   0257                      
TUH   0301                      
PMR   0305                         
[B]LBG   0312[/B]

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Trust me, I'll be staring out of the window anyway for the purpose of the Quail anyway. Will be getting proof of going that way somehow.

Booked to go that way after East Croydon anyway with Southern on the 0532 London Victoria to Portsmouth Harbour as it turns out.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Since I ended up doing the move, I thought I may as well describe the route we actually took:

Gatwick Airport platform 1 > Up Fast > Redhill avoider > Stoats Nest Junction > Purley > East Croydon platform 4 > Up Victoria Slow > Streatham Common > Tulse Hill > Peckham Rye > Up London Bridge Slow > London Bridge platform 8.

And for anyone who cares, we had 319427 and 319215 (still in Southern livery) on the service.

ashworth

Established Member
I'm glad I spotted this thread. Perhaps somebody will be answer my question.
I'm staying in East Croydon this weekend and will need to travel from Central London to East Croydon in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I usually use the 0200 hrs train from Victoria but didn't realise that trains ran during the night from London Bridge. Have I read correctly that there is a half hourly service right through the night from London Bridge. If that is the case, is London Bridge station actually open all night, or do you have to wait outside and it just opens about 10 minutes before each train departs as is the case with Victoria?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
For some of the mornings, I believe it's only hourly but half-hourly after a short time. Not quite sure, but a journey search should yield the desired results.

Not sure what the deal is with London Bridge, but there didn't appear to be staff ordering everyone out of the place and locking gates until the pending departures or whatever. Victoria was also open from 0424 onwards, which surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.