• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0430 expiry time of ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Does all travel need to be complete by 04.30 or does all that matters is that you are on your final train by then. I have a day return dated today (Friday) but am looking at getting either the 0100 or 0400 service Victoria to Brighton, and am not sure if my ticket is valid on the 0400.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ticket fully expires 0430 but if disruption causes you to be travelling later you shouldn't be penalised

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
What happens when you have an open return from (say) London to Glasgow and travel on the sleeper north? I take it the 'you may use your ticket the next day if your journey can't be completed on the first day' rule applies?

Cheers.

SaveECRewards

What happens when you have an open return from (say) London to Glasgow and travel on the sleeper north? I take it the 'you may use your ticket the next day if your journey can't be completed on the first day' rule applies?

Cheers.
I've never done that. I think reservations are compulsory on the sleeper even in seated accommodation so you'd have a reservation for the service. But sleeper tickets are usually dated for the date of departure and so it wouldn't suddenly expire the next day.

higthomas

Sleeper's are an exception, you're ticket would be valid on them. But for 'normal' trains, it expires at 0430 sharp.

Established Member
There are no Sleeper journeys on which a Day Single or Return is valid. Non-Day versions are valid two days (with differing restrictions on precisely how).
Not even if one travels on the 04:11 Exeter-Plymouth arriving at 05:14? NRE shows this as valid on a £9.40 off peak day single this morning for the record.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
185143 said:
Not even if one travels on the 04:11 Exeter-Plymouth arriving at 05:14? NRE shows this as valid on a £9.40 off peak day single this morning for the record.
That's because the railway day is 00:00-0429 (+1).

A ticket for the 0411 EXD-PLY purchased for travel on the day of travel, ie after 00:00, will naturally be valid for the 0549 arrival, and for any train arriving until 0429 the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.