• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0632 York - Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
I am booked on the 0632 York - Plymouth from BHM onwards, but it seems to be running with a different headcode (1V48) that is normally used for the 0644 Newcastle - Plymouth service as opposed to it's normal headcode (1V46). Also for the week it runs with a different headcode it runs through Toton yard and reverses at Derby. Do people know why it is doing any of this?
Also, it is still gonna be an HST isn't it? I have never been on an XC HST before. It is booked as one Mon-Fri but it wasn't one on the day of the Cheltenham races.

Adam :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
It is running with the alternative headcode because, from Derby, it will be "right time" for that headcode and just makes it a little easier for the signallers/ ARS equipment.

It is because of engineering work on the mainline.

455driver

Veteran Member
Dont know for sure, there are some on here far more knowledgeable than I about these things who will be able to advise.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Im afraid so!

That is exactly what you said 'Timed', does not mean it will be a HST.

Damn. Is your source in if the Gen sites? I would assume the HST is working the earlier train in that case so its in BHM & PLY at the correct time. SO is a double voyager 8, 9 or 10 cars?

louis97

Established Member
Damn. Is your source in if the Gen sites? I would assume the HST is working the earlier train in that case so its in BHM & PLY at the correct time. SO is a double voyager 8, 9 or 10 cars?

My source is CrossCountrys pick a seat, which clearly shows a Double Voyager.

Correct regarding the HST, it works 1V46 but it starts at Leeds earlier.

A double voyager could be anything, although i'd imagine it would be a 8 car, purely because of where it is going and the short platform at Totnes.

SprinterMan

Established Member
My source is CrossCountrys pick a seat, which clearly shows a Double Voyager.

Correct regarding the HST, it works 1V46 but it starts at Leeds earlier.

A double voyager could be anything, although i'd imagine it would be a 8 car, purely because of where it is going and the short platform at Totnes.

TheTrainLine says the Quiet Coach is coach F on the 0615 LDS-PLY though which implies voyager, so this not an HST either?

louis97

Established Member
TheTrainLine says the Quiet Coach is coach F on the 0615 LDS-PLY though which implies voyager, so this not an HST either?

My mistake, 1V46 is only a HST on a monday anyway, so that service would be a voyager, with only 1V44 being a HST from Leeds.

Established Member
Made the same mistake earlier on in the year and had to endure a Voyager all the way to Leeds.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Unobstructed window view in a Voyager. You must be joking or you happened to drop lucky.

I mean Voyager windows are much bigger than Mark 3 windows, seat alignment is still a problem in both voyagers and mark 3s.

455driver

Veteran Member
Of course on a mark 3 you can open the door window and get a proper unobstructive view, but each to their own.

caliwag

Haven't read whole thread, but yes 125 Mondays only. 125 group haven't updated their diagram site!

SprinterMan

Established Member
It turned up at New Street as just 220001 all by itself! Apparently a northbound train broke down and our other unit was taken off at Derby to replace it.
Adam :D

Status
Not open for further replies.