• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

09-04-2015 21:36 LM Birmingham New Street [BHM] - Liverpool Lime Street [LIV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Can someone please advise what the status of 09-04-2015 21:36 LM BHM - LIV was. I am helping someone over a delay repay about this service. I have been told it was cancelled.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Looks like it started at Crewe that day, rather than New Street. A delay/repay claim doesn't need all the detail though, as the TOC will be able to find that.

gray1404

Established Member
How would a customer stand if they found out the service was cancelled (which it was here), and they would miss their last connecting service to their destination. So, rather then go on another service as far as they could and then get stranded and have to rely on the TOC getting them a taxi, they travelled on the first service the following morning which was running. i.e. even though this was in the morning peak the guard still accepted the off peak ticket when they explained about the disruption and that they were merely traveling on the next running service?

Could the customer submit a delay repay claim in these circumstances (for 2 hours +)?

najaB

Veteran Member
How would a customer stand if they found out the service was cancelled (which it was here), and they would miss their last connecting service to their destination. So, rather then go on another service as far as they could and then get stranded and have to rely on the TOC getting them a taxi, they travelled on the first service the following morning which was running. i.e. even though this was in the morning peak the guard still accepted the off peak ticket when they explained about the disruption and that they were merely traveling on the next running service?

Could the customer submit a delay repay claim in these circumstances (for 2 hours +)?
I think that they might get their claim denied if they didn't speak with a representative of the TOC concerned at the time. There are some circumstances where they may have been able to get home with littleor no delay if they had travelled to the connecting station and been put on a taxi.

gray1404

Established Member
Having them first just totally leave the case in their system for weeks, once I called I then had email from LM asking which trains OP intended to travel on in the first place. I replied giving details of 21.36 BHM to LPY then onward connection from LPY. However, that was over a week ago now and they are yet to reply or issue any compensation.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
UPDATE: Phoned LM today and the Advisor saw it had just been sat around in an in-tray for ages. She said she would "process it today" and the reply would be sent out in tomorrow's post. Fingers crossed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Vouchers under Delay Repay arrived today - full amount of return ticket for 120mins+ delay. Case closed and solved. Certainly worth chasing!

Status
Not open for further replies.