• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0944 Bristol-Plymouth Saturday 26 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonic

I am planning on travelling on the 0944 CrossCountry train Bristol Temple Meads - Plymouth train tomorrow (Saturday 26 October). I believe this is the 0600 from Leeds.

This train is a normal part of the timetable and was on journey planners last week. But now it has vanished from journey planners, Real Time Trains and OpenTrainTimes.

Does anyone know if this train will be running tomorrow?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
I am planning on travelling on the 0944 CrossCountry train Bristol Temple Meads - Plymouth train tomorrow (Saturday 26 October). I believe this is the 0600 from Leeds.

This train is a normal part of the timetable and was on journey planners last week. But now it has vanished from journey planners, Real Time Trains and OpenTrainTimes.

Does anyone know if this train will be running tomorrow?

Thanks for your help.

The train you mention is not shown on TRUST at the moment, unsure why this is.

Departures from Bristol TM to Plymouth that are listed are at:-

0844, 0917, 1044 & 1144. the 0917 is a Padd - Penzance HST.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Wonder if there are any STP variants in the next few weeks, the STP overlay can sometimes delete the original schedule entirely.

455driver

Veteran Member
Interestingly the return working (1S51 1224 Pllmouth to Glasgow Central) is running as normal but with nothing showing for an arrival to form it.

I would put money on the train having been missed off the TRUST feed but it will run as normal, just rather quieter than normal.

I had a similar thing a few years ago (also on a Saturday) where every alternate service from Paddington to the West Country had been missed off the feed.

I did ring to enquire why and the lady said it was because of engineering work but when I asked where the works were taking place, why it only affected every other train and the remaining ones were running normal route and normal times she couldnt answer.

This just resulted in the ones that were listed being packed but all the ones not listed ran but were very quite due to no Advance fares (or any train specific fares) being available on them.

Turn up for it as you normally would and if the train doesnt run I will pay for a taxi for you. ;)

That last bit wasnt meant seriously! :lol:

sonic2009

Established Member
It's not running. Had a discussion with National Rail over twitter and they have provided me with a PDF.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's not running. Had a discussion with National Rail over twitter and they have provided me with a PDF.

Can't seem to upload it :(

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
So National rail (who work on the same info available to you) say it isnt running, the significance is what exactly. :roll:

Why dont you ask Cross Country, its their train!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If it isnt running where is the stock coming from that will form the 1224 off Plymouth?

Ask National rail that question and see what they say!

lemonic

Thanks for all your input. I am going to turn up at the station and hope that the train runs. I will actually be arriving at around 0905 off a connecting train which means I should be in time for the 0917 FGW Penzance train, but that doesn't stop at Tiverton Parkway where I am heading (and changing at Taunton isn't quicker than waiting for the CrossCountry train) :(

P.S. Although I notice Rich_McLean's post has been deleted which gave me the most hope that the train would still run!

sonic2009

Established Member
I tweeted XC who havent replied.

NRE provied me with a PDF from XC create your own timetable and it's shown as not running on 26th October.

455driver

Veteran Member
NRE provied me with a PDF from XC create your own timetable and it's shown as not running on 26th October.

Because that uses the same database as the other sites so will obviously show it as not running! :roll:

Rich McLean

Established Member
It probably will run, but as a previous poster has said, it maybe a STP variation, due to engineering works which could get uploaded onto TRUST overnight

455driver

Veteran Member
I am willing to put money on it running as normal, anyone willing to take the bet?

ModernRailways

Established Member
I am willing to put money on it running as normal, anyone willing to take the bet?

I'm with you on it. Just asked a XC guard I know on Facebook and he says it should be running as he knows the person who is booked to work it. The only reason it won't is if there is a train fault or some other disruption that may disrupt/cancel it.

Definitely running but with a STP variation to the schedule.
Cannot see the difference from the planned WTT schedule!

Last reported 1 min late at Ambergate Junction near Derby.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Definitely running but with a STP variation to the schedule.
Cannot see the difference from the planned WTT schedule!

It's not a Short-term Plan (STP) variation - STP variations are published in advance through the standard channels and would show up on National Rail, open data sites etc. in advance of running. If this was the case then this thread wouldn't be here!

lemonic

Just to let you know that I got the train this morning, it ran according to the normal timetable and was on time!

The Planner

Veteran Member
Good to see whoever planned the STP one ignored the fact Voyagers require minimum 90 second dwells....

Rich McLean

Established Member
It was a HST and was fairly well filled although there were quite a few empty seats. I have no idea if it was emptier than it would otherwise have been.

That service only really gets busy between Leeds - Bristol and on the return leg Birmingham - York.

In fact once I have seen that service on the return leg on a Friday full and standing leaving New Street

richw

Veteran Member
That service only really gets busy between Leeds - Bristol and on the return leg Birmingham - York.

In fact once I have seen that service on the return leg on a Friday full and standing leaving New Street

Today was Saturday though..

CC 72100

Established Member

Indeed, we're into single figures per coach after Exeter, always a good train to do on a Devon ranger ;)

Martin_1981

Indeed, we're into single figures per coach after Exeter, always a good train to do on a Devon ranger ;)

Yes, I've used this service 3 times this year from Exeter to Plymouth and it's been not at all busy. Quite a few seem to get off at Exeter though.

1e10

I've taken one of the evening HSTs from Exeter St Davids heading towards Leeds and it was full and standing. This was back in August.

CC 72100

Established Member
I've taken one of the evening HSTs from Exeter St Davids heading towards Leeds and it was full and standing. This was back in August.

Ah yes, the 18:23 off Exeter (FO 17:23 Plymouth - Leeds) can get rather busy, although haven't done it for a while and last time I did so I was in first class.

Only seen an XC HST properly full and standing once though myself.

1e10

Ah yes, the 18:23 off Exeter (FO 17:23 Plymouth - Leeds) can get rather busy, although haven't done it for a while and last time I did so I was in first class.

That's the one. The night I was fortunate too take it the train was full of loud drunks and tramps.

Martin_1981

I caught this train from Tiverton Parkway to Bristol TM one Friday evening in January 2012 and it was full and standing. No way would a Voyager have coped. Luckily I had a seat reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.