• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[0S] GBRF Mail Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
06:18 / 10:40 /16:26 and possibly 18:09 from London to Sheildmuir will be class 87 hauled. From Wednesday all services 87 hauled to and from Scotland.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Yay!
"It's an Xmas present from GBRF, i reckon ;)"
I will be at Harrow, Tommorow, Wednesday and Thursday

ChristopherJ

I may go and Photograph the 10:40 at Harrow or somewhere else which is convenient for a good shot of it.

The 10:40 in my opinion would be the best if you're aiming to take Photographs of the working at this time of the year, as the late morning is the brightest time on the day.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am thinking about going to Rugby to see the 10:40 plus one of the southbound runs

RJ

Established Member
If today is the last day that they're running under their own power then I think I should be off to Harrow pretty sharpish!

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
If today is the last day that they're running under their own power then I think I should be off to Harrow pretty sharpish!
i wll be seeing the 16:26

RJ

Established Member
I tried to see the 10:40 today, only to find that some moron put a 377/2 on a service to London Bridge, then ECS'd it to East Croydon behind a stopper, making the 09:52 Watford service leave after 10:30 <(. But I did see the 16:26, which was quite slow through Harrow :( .

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There will be mail trains but I doubt the extra ones will run. The only one which should run is the 16:26.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
87012 hauled the first northbound mail. 87026 was on the first southbound mail. I saw 87026 at Rugby. The 10:40 which I was expecting to be 87012 was only 325s

AJP

Why is there no mail for the ECML, plus will they die down now as Royal mail is back to normal :?:

metrocammel

I saw a 67 fly through Wigan last Friday night with some mail vans, was this a the parcels service (sorry to veer off topic) I also noted a loose "grab" pole on the side of the last mail van that could of been potentially dangerous as it was swinging around.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Because they are not perfectly good units basically. I think there have been 325 reliability issues and before christmas 100% availability was required

southy39

two things...
1# as re. the class 325 "Railnet" units...
after the EWS operated services ceased the 325 were basically mothballed and stood down...
with the ocasional run during talks with GBRf for training purposes they basically stood still.
when GBRf took over the mail on rail services there was an article in one of the railway magazines saying that of the 16x class 325 units only something like between 10 and 12 units were actually operational due to defects etc.

now to my knowlege since 1995/1996 when the 325's were delivered there has not been any MAAJOR maintenace apart from the fitting of TPWS etc.
since GBRf took over operation of the units i believe the units have shown several minor and in some cases major problems ie. the recent problems with 325006 and whatever isues with 325009/325010 cased 325017 to be formed.
the 325's are now or will now have at the very least recieved the OTMR equitment and if not that could explain why they are being used as vans as oposed to operational units.
but i believe i heard that the 325 units were to receive a fairly high level mechanical overhaul especially as they are needed on an even higher daily basis. remember ing that GBRf does not have the luxury that EWS had with the mk.1 mail vans as alternatives.

poit 2#
does anyone know what mail services are booked for traveling north from willesdon to shielmuir on 26th or 27th dec. 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.