• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1,000,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but this morning saw the millionth post ever made on this forum!

From the Bombardier vs Siemens thread

Quite- Bombardier had to send the first couple of 379s to the Czech Republic to put them on a decent test circuit. Old Dalby is severely limited by not being a circuit.

This does not mean there are 1,000,000 posts now on this forum, but it means that 1,000,000 posts have been made in some form or another! (Going on the current value of ~913,000 extant posts, this means that roughly 1-in-12 posts have been lost, either through mergers or deletion.)

Anyhow, I just want to congratulate the staff on reaching this milestone, and also jopsuk for being the one that made said post. Here is to the next million - and also to the all-important milestone expected later this year of 1,000,000 concurrent posts!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
This does not mean there are 1,000,000 posts now on this forum, but it means that 1,000,000 posts have been made in some form or another! (Going on the current value of ~913,000 extant posts, this means that roughly 1-in-12 posts have been lost, either through mergers or deletion.)

There is quite a few posts tucked away in other parts of the forum as well. For instance there is 3 private groups available, plus the staff area which contains quite a few thousand posts ....

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is quite a few posts tucked away in other parts of the forum as well. For instance there is 3 private groups available, plus the staff area which contains quite a few thousand posts ....

Indeed, taking into account posts in all other forums, the number of posts is currently closer to 920,000 :)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It certainly shows that this is a very popular and well-used and respected website for people with a wide range of interests on transport-related matters.

Long may it grow from strength to strength.

EDIT ... Range not rage .... :D

Last edited:

VTPreston_Tez

Well done to all the staff! Here's hoping that by 2 million we'll have a much bigger community representing RailUK from all angles!

Badger

It's interesting how few deleted posts there are! This is post #1004368, meaning less than 4,000 deleted posts (for whatever reason). I'm on another forum which has 740,000 but with 130,000 deleted or lost for whatever reason! (I.e. a "technical" post count of 870,000 going by last post #id)

Edit: wait, I'm wrong, you already took that into account. I'm silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.