• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1/1A Hemel Hempstead to High Wycombe correct timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Can I check how many opportunities there are per hour on the 1/1A Hemel Hempstead to High Wycombe. bustimes.org would have me believe there are 2 buses per hour between 1/1A Hemel Hempstead and High Wycombe (the entire route). One 1A service and one 1 service per hour both operated by Carousel Buses. Interestingly both leaving within a short space of each other. However, when I download the timetable from carouselbuses.co.uk I am led to believe there is only one journey opportunity per hour consisting of the number 1 and that 1A services turn back short of Hemel Hempstead. (The 1A being operated by Arriva.) Which is correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Thank you, my mistake. I'd overlooked the fact Monday is a bank holiday when I saw the 1A as running on Monday though the entire route.

Finally, from getting off the train at Hemel Hempstead which way do I go to find the bus stop for the number 1? Hoping it is easy to find as I only have about 10 minutes assuming my train is on time.

PeterC

Established Member
Monday to Saturday one bus per hour runs through to Hemel, a second bus per hour runs Wycombe to Chesham Broadway. Arriva run route 1A, 2bph Wycombe to Pond Park Estate in Chesham.

The combined timetable is on the Bucks Council website.

PeterC

Established Member
Thank you, my mistake. I'd overlooked the fact Monday is a bank holiday when I saw the 1A as running on Monday though the entire route.

Finally, from getting off the train at Hemel Hempstead which way do I go to find the bus stop for the number 1? Hoping it is easy to find as I only have about 10 minutes assuming my train is on time.
As you come out of the station all the stops are visible in front of you, some in the forecourt and one in each direction in the road.The Chesham / Wycombe bound stop is stop E which is road-side on the same side as the station.

The only difference between routes 1 and 1A is which of the two roads between Amersham-on-the-Hill and Amersham Old Town is taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.