• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1/2 term wonderings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
With my teeth crunching into the top bit, then in a similar fashion so far down it until I deem it time to chuck the rest into my mouth and chew and swallow it! Obviously unwrapping it first!

On the subject of Creme Egg, does anyone else remember the advert with the finger pointing at someone with that tune in the background? That was disappointing not to see this year! 'I like to extract the filling!', classic that.

Dennis

Established Member
re Creme eggs - I used to bite the top off then extract the gooey filling with my tounge. I'm more grown up now and use my finger to remove the filling, being exremely careful not to drop any down my front. That stuff is just sooo sticky!

Jim

Established Member
Thursday - can't remember

Friday

Got the 0850 to Fareham & got a RRB to Fratton, where I took a wonder on along a path near the railway line (legally) but the 73's were parked in the wrong place. Anyway, went back & got the 1318# 450 to Soton (from Fareham) then saw 158741, which was on the Soton - PNZ. I got the 1410 back home, where I stocked up & got the 1618 back to WSB. I caught the scot rail 158 from here to Exeter.

I then got a shot of the 31(602) leaving ESD. I then got a HST (with a Traveling Chef) mmm, bacon roll! Then a 180 back to WSb, 158 back to TRO

Saturday

Speant a very boring day pottering around Salisbury, with no RRB's to do in the evening, so orginsied a run down to PNZ with Sprog

Sunday
"Tom, your train doesn't exist!" O no, in his words, but he made his way to BTM, intime for the 1105 HST to PNZ. It was fairly dead. 43065 was in . We got to PNZ, walked round & got some suplies from a wine shop (nothing else was open) & then chugged back, geting told of for talking in the quiet coach, even though some1 was listening to a MP3 thingy sat behind us :rolleyes: Anyway, we got through nearly 3 litres of coke, along with free stuff between PNZ - PLY becuase there was no buffet crew (sprog explain:p ) Anyway, we saw each other off & compared 'notes' over MSN. I will expain more on this meet later

Monday
Caught the 0828 to BTM. We took some pics & caught the 0943 to Great Malvern (158751) We got to Malvern Link & 'sprinter' was on the other pform. So, we got 150008 (refurb) to WSH, where we waited for the 158. The good old Pizza hut sentance came up. So, buffet lunch it was. Back to the station for a 170 to Newport, we then got a 158 to CDF, where, A BUBBLE CAR CAME OUT. then 37411, then Sprogs P/C. what a day. Then a 175 to Newport & a 158 home, nicly conluding my FOSW

Dennis

Established Member
Thurs - can't remember??? Thought you drove some diggers and had a 92oz gammon steak at the hungry horse for tea.

David

Established Member
There has been a Bubble Car running around the Manchester and Stockport area as well recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.