• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1/2 term wonderings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Here, I will post my doing, saying what I did for each day in 1/2 term (i.e it will be added to each day) so here goes:

Friday 31st March:

Out of school at 143 5, home at 1505. Decide to go & get some final photos of Wessex liveried units, so check some gen after going shopping & doing some other things we got the 1818 Weymouth service which was unbranded (the 1750 was delayed at TRO for an unknown reason, with it's doors shut, but IT WAS BRANDED:D

Anyway, when I get to Westbury, I find out who is on Dispatch. I knew who it was & he said he would let me stay on Westbury overnight (They keep a waiting room open every night anyway:) So, I went home to dump my Camera goodies & get some suplies, after seeing the 1858 which had the H/B on, which was 10 down, because the driver was taking Pictures at each station

Back at Westbury, it was getting towards 2100, there was not much branding around & not much happening. The untis, come 10, were starting to be berthed in P3, there were 18 cariges of unit expected to be berthed, cleaned & sorted for the next day. At 2327, the unit that did the 1858 came in, with the headboard, so got some decent pictures of it, I nearly got given the thing, but sadly the driver was joking. I did get the bits of paper that were in the cab though, so that was allright. It is suposed to go to Frome, leaving at 0007, but normally doesn't & didn't. The 2358 BTM - Warminster was formed of 9 coahces IIRC. Units in attendance overnight were (IIRC); 158964, 158967, 158745, 150241, 153377, 153380, 153308, 150261 & many more!153318 formed the last NB service from Trowbirdge. So, units being cleaned & lots of shunting, ment I had no chance of getting any kip! At 0100, the last crew member went home, after a long chat with me & the dispatcher about how cra* First will be when they take over. That left me, 3 cleaners, fitter, Supervisor & dispatcher. With all the shunting going on & cleaning, 60091 made an apearance, with some stone I think. Prior to 2300 59202 headed off towards the B&H, followed at about 0200 by 59102 (IIRC)

I managed to fetch an hours kip, before wondering around to take some more pictures, & trying to get my head down. At 0200 (note this report has lost a bit of Chronological order) I got a shot of the Screen & Clock, saying 0200.

0455 came, & wondered down, to see they had just opened the 0525 Salisbury unit, so jumped on & got some kip, before being woken up first, on the first, first GW train from Westbury.

SATURDAY 1st APRIL - DAYTIME STUFF

Got to Salisbury at 0600, to see some of the 1st W&D workings, after going in to McDonalds for Breakfast, got some milage untill 0800 on Pulsline. I then went on the 0840 (68) to Winchester, in 'Excel 2' 3614. Then, onto Soton on Bluestar 1, in a Solant Star (X27) livered Volvo Decker. Very nice Driver. I had a +1 at Southampton on to the X7 (2622) I was back in to Salisbury 1155. So, had to find some more to do & did that well, someone I knew was on Pulsline all afternoon, so got some milage on there, before getting the 1800 X4 back to Warminster, 1900 X5 from Warminster, then the 1930 X5 to Bath, which was a MERC MINIBUS:D :D :D :D & I knew the Driver. I eventually got home at 2130, after doing the Lap to Bath, then the 263 with him.

SUNDAY 2nd APRIL

Have some family stuff to do, so will be no report today

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds like your Westbury overnighter was fun. If I'd been able to, I'd have been there too, but that wasn't the case. Get any photos from the overnighter online? I hear RIP Wessex Trains signs were all over the place too.

Jim

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Sounds like your Westbury overnighter was fun. If I'd been able to, I'd have been there too, but that wasn't the case. Get any photos from the overnighter online? I hear RIP Wessex Trains signs were all over the place too.
They will be up at about 1900

Jim

Established Member
THE FGW MANAGMENT TRAIN - 3RD APRIL

The day started by getting up at 0600. Bought a FOSW & got the 0705 to Westbury, which was 158794 (IIRC) The 'gronk' was shunting away & clagging nicly & it was time for my Pacer to come out of the sidings. It gave off a puff of clag each time he notched up. The 0737 (Filton) left 5 late, which ment we where going to be following it in the 2 aspect sections. It got busier & busier, but then died at BTM, leaving only a handfull of Pasengers, after they got off, 143611 & 143620 departed BTM +1. We were then doing well for time, arrving at Gloucester bang on.

Then, got some shots of the stock stored in the SDGS by the station, then took 180105 full & standing on the 0945 to Swindon. Arrival was at 1029. Then spent some time taking shots of HST's & nicking pens from the advertising stand, before the set came in. We then ran to get shots of it, after the delayed 1059 to Paddy left.

We then jumped on the 1115 CDF HST with 43190 pushing (dunno what was on the front) We left 6 late, knowing the 8 min connection was relying on signalling at Westerleigh JCN. We made it, infront off, to my wish, 158741 (ex ScotRail) So, on that at BPW for the ride to BTM, arrving bang on time. We then took some more shots of Alison's train, before jumping on 220020 to go to Exeter St Davids (1244 from BTM)

At Exeter St Davids, we wondered down to the crossing, where 'Weasel' from SWRG arrived, we exchanged hello's & some conversasion, before it arrived. Got a good shot from the crossing.

Diesaster, the 1409 HSt to Plymouth (loop Alison at Newton Abbot) was 20 late, so got the 1424 (150251 IIRC) to Newton Abbot where we had lunch before getting on the 1529 to London Waterloo, as far as Salisbury(1825), formed of 159021.

When in Salisbury, I got something to eat, then headed to the bus station, to sort out my RRB's for tommorow & Wednesday. It is a real shame somebody asked me to do them on Tuesday, as I had made a plan to see the NR 150:( . Anyway, I then got 159xxx back to Trowbridge, where I have spent 20 mins typing this up :lol:

Jim

Established Member
4th April

Got up at 0600 & walked to the station for the 0618 train. I got that to Salisbury, then did some pottering about in Salisbury on buses. I then got the 1340 service to Trowbridge, where I went to Asda then got the 1518 to Frome, where I met up with my RRB driver, who I was with all night, untill 2150, where I got a 150 home. Went to bed 2300

5th April
Woke up at 7, then went to the station, where a WSX 150 was coupled to a SWT 158!!!!!just leaving. Anyway, got the 0750 to Soton CTRL, then a 170 to St Denys, where I saw our very on Slash!!! Then got the 1028 170 to SOU, where I got a 221 to Brokcenhurst. Upon arival, 1497 (Grey) was wating, did 2 trips to Lymington. I then took a 442 to Weymouthm where I had a wonder round, in lovley wether. I even got a tad of sunburn!!!!!

Then 153380 took me to Castle Cary, where more RRB's awaited, which took me up to the same time.

6th April
Missed my alarm & woke up at 745. That meant I had missed the 0750, so the meet was out, so down to Salisbury for the day. pottered around on W&D turf again, including Leyland Ollympian 4923 on Winterslow (x2) & then a 63 to Tidworth (altogether 1510 - 1910 on it)
Got the 1910 Pulseline back to the sation, where i got a CT 158 back home

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Jim was just too lazy.
Never heard such a kind comment;) :lol:

Too lazy for what, this week has been gutting, in terms of kip

Coxster

Established Member
Jim said:
Never heard such a kind comment;) :lol:

Too lazy for what, this week has been gutting, in terms of kip
Yesterday's superb Isle of Wight meet I think Tom means. Was great fun and a good laugh (as always!). Stephen also showed us the art of 'birdspotting' (not what you may thinking ;)).

Met Driver

Established Member
Jim said:
Missed my alarm & woke up at 745. That meant I had missed the 0750, so the meet was out

Ahem!!

untitled.JPG

:p

Jim

Established Member
Friday 7th April

Got up at 0700 then got the 0735 brick to Swindon. I then walked to Felming way to do some dart bashing. I then took the 1230 back to BTM, then 1340 to Trowbridge (trains :p ) Then off to home, to do a bit of sorting out, before going to Chippenham MRE, then to Bath for Pizza, then home (2105)

Saturday 8th April
Woke up at 0500, got the 0638 to BTM, then a 150 to Liskeard. Then got on a HELLFIRE 153 to Looe. We speant 60 mins in Looe, looking around the town centre. Then went back to Liskeard Sation, where we caught a 150 (full & standing) to Plymouth. Then onwords on a HST in FC with a crap upgrade deal (more at bottom of post) Went through Melksham on the HST. As we were pulling in to Swindon, the 153 for home was leaving. I needed to get that, as I had to meet some1 in Salsibury at 2030. So, I had no choice, but to go via Bath.

Sunday 9th April
Went to the 'Brijan Tours' depot open day near Eastleigh. Lots of bashing before we got the 1515# to Romsey (170301) then back to Soton, where a 444 took us express (near enoff) to PHH. Then got a 444 back to PS/S where we got another 444 on a stoper to Fareham. Then 158870 (Essex Rains/Essex Train/Wessex Rains & we s** trains) to Trowbridge

Monday 10th April
Woke up at 0550 to check my Gen messages. There was a post concerning the 2 EWS 37/6's. They were on the WSB cement works duty, but, it was the devon meet. DAMN.

Got 153355 & 308 to BTM, where, yet again, 158870 did the honours, to Plymouth meeting DVN1357 at Newton Abbot. Then we got a packed HSt to Exeter, where we went to fot things for 30 mins, before taking the 1250 to Exmouth & back to Topsham, where we got some more units, before getting to Dawlish at 1525# (IIRC) Then I got the 1646 to ESD, then the 1722 to BTM, then the 1840 to Keynsham, where, lo & behold, 30 mins later (ta dad for update on them) the 37's passed at 61MPH. Got a decent picture, then Pacers home

Jim

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
You make it sound so bad ;)

Must have been the highlight of you day ;)
:lol: , was a good day actually (whose the clever 1 now;) )

11th April

Woke up at 0636 & got the 0705 service to Salisbury, where we got a 159 to CLJ. We met Harold & Stephen (unit ned;) ) at Woking. At CLJ, 73109 was waiting for us on the Latchmere curve, came through, on DIESEL:D ANyway, aftet that, it was off to H&W on a 377, crawling past all the yards. We then got a 508 to Wilsden, where we went on a long walk, past OOC & North Pole (ta Harold for guessing!? the way:p )

We then got a bus to Earlsfield then a 455 to CLJ, followed by a 377 to Victoria & onwards to PIZZA HUT:lol:

We then got a Victoria line to Green PK, then jumped on a RM (on the 9) to RAH, then got a dercker to Kenny O. Then a District to EC, then Victoria. We then got a 377 (bloo*y comuters all packed round the doors not moving down:rolleyes: ) to C:J, 455 to WAT where we walked to Waterloo East. We then got a 376 to Hither GRN, then another to Grove PK. The 466 on BN shuttles was slipping badly (ask for recording). We then made our way back to WATE then 158789 home. What a great day

Galvanize

It always had to be pizza hut didn't it?
The staff must know you there now ;) "quick, load a margarita on, Jim's coming!!!"

Send me the slippy Networker on MSN please :)

David

Established Member
Jim said:
onwards to PIZZA HUT:lol:

You'll get fat ;) :lol:

Why bother going to Pizza Hut when you can go to a take away and get a decent pizza for a lot less??

IE.

Good Evening, welcome to Pizza Hut. Can I take your order?

Yes, the largest Quad pizza you've got please.

Certainly, sign here!!!

What for? I'm not paying by credit card!!!!

I know. This is your loan agreement.

Dennis

Established Member
Buffet lunch is the key - stuff yourself for less than a fiver (new record, 15 slices today):happy1:

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
Buffet lunch is the key - stuff yourself for less than a fiver (new record, 15 slices today):happy1:
I only normally manage 6/7 and I rarely have breakfast!

Dennis

Established Member
I have not had a proper meal (except a bit of salad and a few sandwiches here and there) for about a week so I was quite hungry.

Jim

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
Why bother going to Pizza Hut when you can go to a take away and get a decent pizza for a lot less??
Buffet Lunch is great value:thumblef:
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Galvanize said:
It always had to be pizza hut didn't it?
What are you implying?

The staff must know you there now "quick, load a margarita on, Jim's coming!!!"
:rolleyes: , not very funny at all
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Galvanize said:
Send me the slippy Networker on MSN please :)
If you are going to try & suggest things about me, then, "pizza hut ned says nooooo"

Galvanize

damn, but I wasn't implying anything at all..., just drinking to your comments :) ;)

Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with going to Pizza hut, but you must go quite alot huh?

And as for Slippy Networkers, I wouldn't be suprised, they slip like mad ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Pizza Hut, let's not get my comments on that subject started. Dennis, you MUST have been hungry! 15 slices, unequalled in any restaurant I have ever visited!

Jim

Established Member
12 APRIL - Ketttle Spotting

Left home at 0740, for the 0750. Got on that & realised I forgot my Laptop. So on the 0850 (after going back to TRO) to Salisbury, where I met Feltham. The 31's were 25 late, so, we got a 159 to Templcombe (where we should of been going)

1030 turned. BANG, CRASH. A Bridge bash, by a waste lorry. After seeing a 159 go past on full power, I thought I would go & have a word with the driver (being looked after by a publican. He said he hadn't phoned network rail & didn't now how to!!!

He called them eventually, as after the kettle, the 159's went past at slow speed. The 1st 159 past after the kettle, had our very own "ASBO boy" onboard, so we went to YJ with him. More foting, before going back to Soton, changing at Salisbury. A train failed at near Winchester, we were sat at SC for 90 more mins than we should off.

Anyway, we got to BMO & then eventually Parkstone, after Stephen swearing at every red light & each bit of bad driving. We got to Parkstone, in plenty of time. We then got a 444 to Brock. Then a 220 to Soton (for charging things :lol: ) Then a 158 back to TRO

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
ASBO Boy! Who now answers to ASBO Boy and not Seth!
Apparently, that is all you were calling him on the IOW meet :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.