• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

10:44 Plymouth - Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Morning folks.

Currently sat on the 12:01 Plymouth - Pad, full and standing with passengers from the 10:44 off Plymouth which was sat there when my train came in, over an hour after it should have departed. Anyone know why it was severely delayed/ cancelled at PLY? Which power car failed - I did however manage to grab a shot of 43186 leading the cancelled train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
An air leak preventing the driver obtaining a brake release, so could easily have been a problem on the coaches rather than the powercars. Some of the passengers should have already left the train, they should have been offered the option of taking the 1125 Cross Country service to Bristol and then an FGW service to London from there.

Drsatan

Established Member
All that Live Departure Boards tells me is that the 1044 from Plymouth was terminated there due to a 'train fault'.

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Cheers for the responses. It wasn't that clear what was going on - it was still on the PIS at Plymouth as 'delayed', and on my XC app it had completely vanished (they normally are still displayed, but with 'cancelled' next to every stop)

I don't know how many boarded the 11:25, but I'd have said that probably over half of the train must have decided to wait it out then got sent over to our train. I bet anyone who'd second-guessed that they could hop across the platform and take the other train before it was announced felt a bit smug! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.