• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

10 journey tickets etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my title suggests I regularly travel along the Ayr-Glasgow line, maybe 5-6 times per week. However I generally do not return same day. I find it disappointing that I cannot purchase a 10 journey ticket to save me money. I feel we are not "encouraged" enough to use trains as it is, but there are probably many people who may benefit from this. I see Scotrail offer the 10 journey on some routes but not all :cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
Same here, with FCC. I know several semi-regular commuters from Biggleswade who would love to use these tickets (not least to avoid the horrendous queues in the morning). However, for some reason, they're happy to offer them from Hitchin and St Neots, but not here. Shame.

LondonLarry

There's also an issue of fraud as tickets have to be validated before travel. On the Underground, this is easy as you have to go through a ticket gate to enter and exit. On exit, the gates will keep the ticket. On an open network, you need regular ticket checks to reduce the likelyhood of fraudulent use. On Intercity services this shouldn't be a problem, but on commuter trains this is near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.