10% off NXEC is back.... until July

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by ian13, 12 Mar 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian13

ian13 Member

It seems National Express East Coast have reintroduced the 10% off advance fares until July.

"Offer exclusive to bookings at nationalexpresseastcoast.com. 10% discount is only available on our lowest East Coast Standard Advance fares excluding trains arriving into London before 1115 or leaving London before 0929 or 1555-1901 inclusive (Mon-Fri). Lowest fares are on sale on all trains at the weekends subject to availability. Fares incorporating the 10% discount will be highlighted with an asterisk during the booking process. 10% discount is valid until 31 July 2009."

Link

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. John @ home

John @ home Established Member Fares Advisor

But it's not quite as good as the previous offer from NXEC.

GNER started offering 10% discount on our lowest Advance fares. They interpreted lowest to mean the lower 3 of the then 5 levels of Standard Advance between London and York. And they did not allow a further discount on tickets already reduced by a Railcard.

When NXEC started, they improved this in two ways: by applying it to all their First and Standard Advance tickets, and by allowing a further discount when used with a Railcard.

This temporary offer has the additional Railcard discount, but is limited to the lower 5 of the now 8 price levels of Standard Advance tickets, and gives no discount at all in First Class.

John

4. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I thought it applied to 1st previously? But railcard discounts were not offered by NXEC until Simplification forced them to. It wasn't something NXEC introduced when they won the franchise.

5. John @ home

John @ home Established Member Fares Advisor

Perhaps my memory is failing me. I blame old age.

Re old age. When I qualify for a Senior Railcard, I will pay more attention to the availability of Railcard discounts!

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.