• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

11:08 to Portsmouth/Bognor (27th Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSE

Established Member
Hello all,

I know people on this train today going to Portsmouth (From Clapham Junction) who claimed that they had to change at Barnham because the Portsmouth half was diverted, upon arrival at Barnham, to Bognor. They claim Southern said it was due to the fire at Epsom that caused stock to be out of place and also as the reason for the earlier 10:08 to be cancelled.
While I have no reason to doubt Southern, I'd just wondered if anyone here, with access to TRUST or a SN member of staff or whatever, could just confirm what happened? I only ask as the people in question are older and I have my suspicions they may have simply got on the Bognor portion of the train and I might need to give them a helping hand on their return.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
That sequence of events (or very near) is shown in Realtimetrains, and appears to be correct - it would be unusual for the displayed cancellation messages to appear without just cause.

The 1108 off Clapham Jn: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/W60117/2014/11/27/advanced

"Cancelled between Horsham and Portsmouth Harbour due to an issue with train crew"

I'd expect they were in the right portion but the train wasn't split as the train crew were out of place, so the whole train would run in the path of the rear portion, to keep the intermediate station calls. So diverted from Horsham rather than Barnham?

The previous train, 1008 off Clapham Jn: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/W60114/2014/11/27/advanced

"Cancelled throughout due to an issue with an RHTT"

Last edited:

wensley

Established Member
Looking into it a bit further it would appear that this was in reaction to an issue involving 2D68 with a defective DRA, resulting in traincrew being displaced. Hope this helps!

NSE

Established Member
Thank you both very much. I appreciate the information and help. I guess I'll let nan on the railway again!

Status
Not open for further replies.