• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

11 car Pendolino today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Or perhaps it's so the folks in First Class can see the Great Unwashed.

Nym

Established Member
Or perhaps it's so the folks in First Class can see the Great Unwashed.

HEY! We're not all posh buggers in First Class, some of us are travelling back from Interviews in Glasgow on expenses so we can claim 1st class and it works out cheaper for a 1st Advance than a Saver Return anyway... ;)

Yes, I was drunk before Carlisle, yes I was sweet talking them on the trolley for excessive levels of booze.

sprinterguy

Established Member
HEY! We're not all posh buggers in First Class, some of us are travelling back from Interviews in Glasgow on expenses so we can claim 1st class and it works out cheaper for a 1st Advance than a Saver Return anyway... ;)

Yes, I was drunk before Carlisle, yes I was sweet talking them on the trolley for excessive levels of booze.
I like your style :D

Nym

Established Member
I like your style :D

One can be charming when in a suit and in a very polite and chipper mood, being just camp enough to make her smile, without going so far as to thinking there isn't a chance.

Or was it the style of just putting it on the expenses account for a major Scottish contracting company?

Anyway, the extra space in standard will be heartily welcomed :D

sprinterguy

Established Member
One can be charming when in a suit and in a very polite and chipper mood, being just camp enough to make her smile, without going so far as to thinking there isn't a chance.

Or was it the style of just putting it on the expenses account for a major Scottish contracting company?
A bit of both, but principally the being drunk by Carlisle bit :)

sprinterguy

Established Member
Was a very poor quality lunch at the Marriott... nowt like greggs
I regularly judge the calibre of assessment centres, interviews and their ilk on the quality of the lunch provided: Sounds like you attended a poor one using my rule of thumb :lol:

Not too bad though if you can get travel expenses for it! :)

calc7

Established Member

Anyway, the extra space in standard will be heartily welcomed :D

Good going on both parts there.

Sadly in my days of interviewing for graduate positions I lived on a line with no First Class!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Has anyone had an 11 car service, which used to be an overcrowded 9 car service and noticed a big difference yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.