• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1135 Newark to Cleethorpes (Sunday only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the 1135 Newark to Cleethorpes service is strengthened to 3 cars now with it been the school holidays, the reason I ask last year when I travelled on it - it was always a 153/156. This year I travelled on it a few weeks back and it was 2 cars, I travelling from Lincoln to Cleethorpes this Sunday and just wondered if it would be 2 or 3 cars?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boothby97

Established Member
Last Sunday it was a 156, and so far most of the three Sunday services have been two cars (single 156/158 or a double 153), the only exception being the occasional single 153 (mainly on the last service of the day).

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Doesn't the train run from Nottingham on Sundays?
I'll be going to Newark tomorrow morning, I will note how many get on at Newark Northgate and post it here to give you some idea of passenger levels.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Doesn't the train run from Nottingham on Sundays?

There is one through service in each direction, 2L50 1356 Cleethorpes to Nottingham which should be formed of a single 156. The journey in the opposite direction is 2T45 1529 Nottingham to Cleethorpes, which I think should be formed of 2x 153.

In relation to the earlier question, I've seen the 1135 formed of 3 carriages before but it's the exception rather than the rule. Due to the stopping patterns on the Newark end, plus 2L50 through to Nottingham, anything other than 2 carriages is awkward to work due to short platforms at Swinderby, Collingham and Newark Castle. Though of course during the winter, the 1105, 1300 and the 1500 from Lincoln are all a 156/153 combination.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is it normally busy? I'm doing the service through from Newark on Sunday.

They're not normally crowded.

The only thing that tends to really fill them up is Market Rasen races, so it's worth having a check if they're on. Racing crowds can be VERY rowdy.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Good to know, I shall check. Weather looking nasty tomorrow so hopefully it'll be quiet.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
The train was awful today, filled with loud and swearing EDL "people" going to Lincoln from both end points. People had to stand on the train at Grimsby. Transport cops at Lincoln and on train too.
It was a two car train madeup of 153s that went back to Lincoln so that's what you should see tomorrow I guess.

James268

English defence league.

I won't go into detail on them, this isn't the thread for it, have a google and make your own mind up.

156413 will form the 1135 Newark to Cleethorpes, i will be on this unit from Newark to Cleethorpes and then back on the 1356 from Cleethorpes as far as Lincoln.

Boothby97

Established Member
156413 will form the 1135 Newark to Cleethorpes, i will be on this unit from Newark to Cleethorpes and then back on the 1356 from Cleethorpes as far as Lincoln.

We regularly (feels like once a week now) get a 158 down here on a Sunday so hopefully one turns up on the second service (1529 Nottingham to Cleethorpes / 1818 Cleethorpes to Newark North Gate).

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Cheers, I require every EMT 156 so that's a decent start to the Rover :)

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It was a two car train madeup of 153s that went back to Lincoln so that's what you should see tomorrow I guess.

If that was the 1945 departure from Grimsby, those units don't stay at Lincoln. The driver on that service is a Boston man who takes the pair of units onto Boston from Lincoln at 2048, they are then split in the sidings with one staying until Monday and the other going out on Sunday.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
If that was the 1945 departure from Grimsby, those units don't stay at Lincoln. The driver on that service is a Boston man who takes the pair of units onto Boston from Lincoln at 2048, they are then split in the sidings with one staying until Monday and the other going out on Sunday.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Is was that train.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Bit of a crowd this morning for the 1135 at Newark!

Edit: Most off at Lincoln, pretty calm from there

Last edited:

Boothby97

Established Member
We regularly (feels like once a week now) get a 158 down here on a Sunday so hopefully one turns up on the second service (1529 Nottingham to Cleethorpes / 1818 Cleethorpes to Newark North Gate).

158858 has just arrived into Cleethorpes on the 1529 Nottingham to Cleethorpes :p

I travelled on it from Newark to Cleethorpes and the amount of people for the service was unbelievable, everybody pushes and shoves though instead of being orderly about it and everyone were all crowded round doors and wasn't giving alighting passengers enough room to get off. Platform guy was telling everyone to stand clear of doors to let people off.

Once it got to the Lincoln there must of been about 25 people on at most, on arrival at Cleethorpes the heavens did open, and I saw you make a dash round to the class 170s for Manchester Airport!

Status
Not open for further replies.