• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

11th August Class 90 Birmingham - Manchester Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

A bit chaotic to say the least!

Sprinter and andrewmay didn't turn up at all, Yorkie was late for some reason, didn't find out why, and ended up joining us at Stoke-on-Trent!

I met evil_hippo on the platform at BHM, and we thought matt hadn't turned up, but it turned out he had, he was sat a bit further down the carriage from us! He got off at Stoke, then back on again at Stoke on the return, which was when we realised who he was!

Anyway, the train, upon arrival at Manchester, formed the 1324 departure, giving it a 1 min turnaround time! (it was supposed to be the train departing 1 hour and 1 min later, but they changed it!). We had already got stuck behind a 323 going to Wolverhampton, and were delayed about 15 mins or so. So we completely missed scheduled departure from Manchester!

Seems on arrival at New Street we might have recruited a new member to RailUK too...

So, what happened to Sprinter and Andrewmay anyway???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
At first I was a bit dissapointed as I thought no-one had turned up :( . Sprinter had missed his bus and andrewmay didnt turn up. I decided to go as far as Stoke-On-Trent. I then got back on the train to return back to Birmingham when I heard Yorkie and Jdan about someone whos does lots of videos so I assumed this was me so I went and introduced myself. My photos from today are here:

http://railuk.fotopic.net/c649546.html

jd

I don't think we were talking about you actually, but I'm not too sure really. Shame though, I'm sure me and Zoltan walked past you at BNS just before departure, talking about Yorkie, andrew, you and sprinter, loud enough for you to hear, when we were looking up and down the train for everyone! I thought therefore that you weren't involved, as I assumed you would have introduced yourself had you heard us. We still thought you were just a passenger 'till we saw you taking photos as we pulled out of Stoke!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I didnt hear you on the trip to Stoke. I heard people talking about railways so I assume this was you but wasnt sure

AlexS

Established Member
Took me over an hour to notice Zoltan in Leicester, it's a common occurence ;) So you faced the New Street box, did you? They did exactly the same to my train yesterday. Routed the 1736 all stations Wolverhampton train ahead of both the (on time for once) 1733 New Street to Chester and 1718 delayed Voyager for Manchester (was ready to depart at 1730, but it got held for the 323 :roll: ).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
jdan said:
A bit chaotic to say the least!

Sprinter and andrewmay didn't turn up at all, Yorkie was late for some reason,

Due to getting confirmation of the 90s at 0920 instead of the time I needed it (to be on time), which was 0830!

Nice to meet 3 new people from the forum today!

My photos: http://yorkie.fotopic.net/c649826.html

andrewmay

I'm very sorry for not showing up. I know it sounds pathetic but I got confused about the dates. I thought it was in September or something! I'm such an idiot :oops: . Yorkie will tell you that I have showed up to probably every meet I said I was going to go on so this was an honest mistake.

Cheers,
Andrew

jd

Don't worry, nobody's blaming you. Turn your phone on though!!!! :P

evil_hippo

andrewmay said:
I'm very sorry for not showing up. I know it sounds pathetic but I got confused about the dates. I thought it was in September or something! I'm such an idiot :oops: . Yorkie will tell you that I have showed up to probably every meet I said I was going to go on so this was an honest mistake.

Cheers,
Andrew

I think we can leave your attendance record unblemished.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I think he might have been concerned that in the rules about attending meets it says 'If you say you're going, go' or something.

I'm actually wondering if I've managed to attend a single meet on this forum yet...

Jim

Established Member
FGWFan said:
I think he might have been concerned that in the rules about attending meets it says 'If you say you're going, go' or something.

I'm actually wondering if I've managed to attend a single meet on this forum yet...

ummmm. A hard 1.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Don't worry, I intend to change that soon. It'll actually be my second meet off this forum IIRC, the July 2nd Rhymney meet I did attend. Indeed, I was there hours before anyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.