• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1223 PLY/GLC Weekdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

I T S

Anyone know what stock is allocated for the 1223 PLY/GLC on a Tuesday? It's operated by XC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
Anyone know what stock is allocated for the 1223 PLY/GLC on a Tuesday? It's operated by XC

Usually a HST, but not unknown to be a voyager. It is the only service operated by a HST to reach Glasgow Central these days.

sonic2009

Established Member
It was a HST today, i travelled on it from Cheltenham Spa to Tamworth.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I T S

Yeah it was a voyager last time I did that move but an HST to BHM will do me nicely :)

CC 72100

Established Member
Yeah it was a voyager last time I did that move but an HST to BHM will do me nicely :)

Ah right. I've found that one to be the most reliable HST diagram, given that the set starts at Neville Hill. Must have had an unlucky day then!

Martin_1981

Yes, it is booked for a HST Monday to Saturday. Summer Saturdays see the train start from Paignton at 1234 as opposed to Plymouth. Voyagers work the train occasionally i.e. when a HST is unavailable or if diagrams are disrupted, but predominantly it's a HST.

hst2cornwall

Think thats the service that comes down from edinborough in the morning, comes throuh Cheltenham about 10.00am. Wonder what XC use the rest of their HST sets for? don't they have about 6, and all their other services seem to be voyagers.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Think thats the service that comes down from edinborough in the morning, comes throuh Cheltenham about 10.00am. Wonder what XC use the rest of their HST sets for? don't they have about 6, and all their other services seem to be voyagers.

They have five and you can see what they get up to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.