1227 Cambridge to Birmingham New Street, what depots work it

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Class 403, 7 Dec 2018.

1. Class 403

Class 403 Member

Does anyone know which depots work this particular train on a weekday, is it a Cambridge, Leicester or Birmingham crew?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

Could you give us a clue as to what service this is please - not all of us know every running number of every service!

4. Bungle965

Bungle965 Established Member

1227 Stansted Airport to Birmingham New Street
    Sam

5. TheBigD

TheBigD Member

Cambridge driver and guard. The crew change over at Cambridge with another Cambridge driver and guard forward.

The service is booked a 3 car 170.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2018 at 04:42
  6. Class 403

Class 403 Member

That's all I was interested to know as I had a very very proactive and visible guard yesterday so wondered what depot was lucky to have them.

No idea who they were but I'm sure you would know who they were someway or other....

Also as a side note, do frontline staff actually heard about any praise about them or does it only go as far as their immediate manager who files it on their record?

7. TheBigD

TheBigD Member

I'll find out who was working it and pass on your comments.

Back when I was a guard customer praise was sometimes passed on and sometimes not.

8. bionic

bionic Member

Sometimes they do. Depends. I once had a passenger who told me they were going to tweet my employer praising the help I gave them. I know they did this because I looked on Twitter. The company responded and said they'd pass it on to my manager but I never heard a dicky-bird. I bet if it was a complaint I would have heard about it soon enough!

9. Class 403

Class 403 Member

Thank you, it's just the little things that make the big differences so I appreciate that they were doing a really good job.

I look forward to having them on my train again at some point in the future!