• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

125 Diesel just used Kings Cross Platform 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightatLaira

Delayed 1654arr ex Aberdeen - in there now. Has this happened before? A diesel in the electrics only platform?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

General Zod

Caught the Highland Chieftan to Inverness from Platform zero last week so I guess it must happen frequently.

NSEFAN

Established Member
I've heard that the electric-only rule was lifted some time ago. It'd be interesting to see a kettle use that platform! :lol:

NightatLaira

They hadn't even shut down the London end power car, but the ceiling still looked pretty clean though to be fair.

1D53

Established Member
The ban on diesel traction using 0 was removed a long time ago.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I've just checked. It was last August that the first HSTs (and 180s) were put in platform zero on an experimental basis. When it was first reported back then, the OP also thought it must have been some sort of error!

Here's the thread : King's Cross Platform 0 - Change of policy/Signalling Error.

Regular use of platform zero by diesels hasn't been seen as much as in the other long-distance platfirms, but it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.