• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

125 Group HST Depot Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
125 GROUP HST DEPOT AT RUDDINGTON GCR(N)
To help achieve our long-term goal of HST Preservation, 125 Group is investing in a new diesel maintenance depot to be built at Great Central Railway (Nottingham), home of Prototype HST Power Car 41001 and our six Mk3 coaches. The building will be constructed at Ruddington, GCR(N)’s operating base and will provide a secure facility to enable 125 Group to continue maintenance of our existing fleet and a restoration home for Production HST power cars which we aim to acquire in the future. 125 Group needs to raise £100,000 to allow the development to proceed, we seek donations from individuals and corporate sponsors for this exciting project!

http://www.125group.org.uk/porterbrook-jump-starts-125-group-hst-depot-appeal/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Phil

Established Member
In view of the recent thread about 43002, is the aim of the 125 group in addition to the NRM preserving a pair of HST Power cars? I actually hope it is, as I would like to continue seeing HST running albeit in preservation.

sprinterguy

Established Member
In view of the recent thread about 43002, is the aim of the 125 group in addition to the NRM preserving a pair of HST Power cars? I actually hope it is, as I would like to continue seeing HST running albeit in preservation.
That's their stated aim:
http://www.125group.org.uk/about-us/
We will do everything we can to meet our commitment to preserve an HST in as near to original configuration as possible. Our dream is to save a pair of power cars with Valenta engines and a selection of trailer cars. As the only group with an interest in HSTs we are working to build up sufficient funds in order to purchase and maintain in working order an example of the train which formed the backbone of InterCity services during its distinguished career.
I suspect that if the 125 Group preserve a complete set in as near to original condition as possible, the NRM will consider that sufficient, as has been the case with items designated for the National Collection in the past.

Tempest3K

Our initial goal is to secure a production powercar and refit an original Paxman Valenta engine - to do this properly will require depot facilities hence the appeal! We hope that we can go further than this, however will depend on available funds, resources etc as time goes on! All donations greatfully received :)

Status
Not open for further replies.