• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

12th November 2005 London Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I had a good day today.

Started off with the 09:41 service from Forest Hill to London Bridge
On the way I saw 456024 and 465021 (again!). and 319010 stabled in London Bridge.
Then I caught the 10:00 Thameslink service to King's Cross Thameslink. On the way to KCM I saw 319001 (White with blue doors)
I got to King's Cross and met up with the others.

So we went to London Bridge to snap the slammers, I just about got there. But it went as we arrived. So we went to Balham to snap the slammer. Once again, we just about got there but it was too late for me to get a shot :cry:. Others did though :). Then we went to Clapham. I snapped a Voyager, then we caught a 450 to Waterloo. It was 12 coaches long :shock:. Just before we arrived at Waterloo, an eight coach 159+159+158 passed us :shock:.

After that we all caught the W&C to Bank, where we split up. Yorkie, 1288gaje, Galvanize and I took the DLR to Limehouse, then caught the c2c to West Ham, the took the Jubilee Line to Stratford.

We were there for a while. Sightings included 66580, 66573, 66534, 321901. DR 98956 (MPV), 37607 and 37612 (with Mk2s and an Mk1 coach).

After the 37s went, we all proceeded to Victoria, where we snapped the Slammer (finally!).

So we went to Paddington, not much happening, the usual mix of HSTs, Adelantes, HeXs and Turbos.

Then we went to King's Cross and St. Pancras where we saw HSTs, 91s, Meridians and a Pioneer.

After that I went home. At London Bridge, I saw 319004 (Southern), but my camera battery had run out :cry:. New livery, same old trampy NSE interior. Then I caught a Networker back home.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
I got the C-stock 5220
T070 to Earl's Court
and then I went down the Escalator to the Piccadilly Line platforms
and T254 to Green Park
and then Train T324 Victoria Line to Green Park
i'm very lucky i got to KX on time (well maybe not ;) )

the others tried to see what was wrong with my camera
chris jolly somehow fixed it

well and Yorkie forgot to take joy54's old camera! <(

but i used my mobile phone to take photos of the trains

The highlight of the day is

Tangy's announcements ;)

Julian G

Established Member
and funny too ;)
i also saw a Refurbished D-stock at Victoria heading for Richmond

Sprinter

It was good to see a few new faces on this meet, including JonB, 1288gaje and Harold.

Although we did not fit in as many things as we intended, but overall it was a good day had by all, the highlights were photographing 321901 at Stratford, another photo to add to my "familiar trains in odd loacttions" file, which will be on Fotopic shortly!

Also seeing 222001 at St Pancras was also worthy of a mention, as I have now seen all three 9 car 222s that are in service!

After Yorkie left us at Kings Cross to get hgis train home, I wondered up to Harringay and onto the W5 to Archwa, which enabled me to finally traverse the Mill Hill East branch (first time I have travelled that line) plus I decided to do the 2313 Stratford-Willesden Low Level, in order to highlight the HL-LL link at Willesden, only to find out that this particular line was being used in passenger service today as well due to enineering work between Acton C and Wilesden HL!

Julian G

Established Member
the worst thing was the running both at Balham and Stratford
the worst thing was at Stratford , where i was told by Yorkie to hold his camera while running :shock:

oh and we went to that bridge at Victoria where we met joy54

Status
Not open for further replies.