• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

13.05 Leeds - Blackpool today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnepaul

I travelled on this train to travel on a new route for me. However, the train was delayed leaving Leeds. In fact we were diverted via Morley, Dewsbury, Brighouse and the first stop was Hebden Bridge. Does anyone know the reason for the delay and diversion? It was a new route for me, but not the one I was expecting!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I can answer this. The train (1B22) departed York on time, but was held at Church Fenton for two TPEs to pass. At Micklefield the Hull - Rylstone freight train was allowed through first. Finally, the unit (158792) had a fault and it was deemed necessary to do a set swap in Leeds. It got away from Leeds 15 minutes late at 1320, so diverting it to recover time was a good decision, as the 1318 to Manchester Victoria could take passengers via Bradford / Halifax (although this departed a few minutes late also).

lejog

Established Member
Yes, it is not that uncommon for Calder Valley services to run non-stop from Hebden Bridge to Leeds via Dewsbury (or vice versa) in times of disruption. I was last on such a service just before Christmas.

Hebden Bridge being my local station, it is somewhat galling that the journey time to Leeds could be so much improved - as you can see this train took 32mins for the journey instead of 47mins, but Halifax and Bradford have rather larger populations than Hebden Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.