• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

13:33 FO Euston-Lancaster - first class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stut

Established Member
I've got myself booked on this train, seemingly in first (as it wasn't a huge amount more than standard), booking through the EC site.

However, looking here and doing a dummy booking on the VT site seem to indicate that it's standard only.

I don't particularly mind, as the seat I'm allocated appears to be in an FC coach, and I won't fancy any food, but, particularly as the booking is clearly a "First Advance", I'm curious as to what's going on!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
Looks booked for a "125mph DMU" from the link above. Am in coach E.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Hmm. I am sure Voyagers don't usually have a Coach E, it's A-D Standard and F First, however that can change. It has booked First Class as far as I know, I'm not sure why OTT says otherwise.

stut

Established Member
The VT site isn't taking bookings for FC, though, hence my confusion! The seat maps on the VT site do have a coach E.

AdamW - set the options mode to "detailed" and then click on the "technical" tab.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Hmm. I am sure Voyagers don't usually have a Coach E, it's A-D Standard and F First, however that can change. It has booked First Class as far as I know, I'm not sure why OTT says otherwise.

Virgin Voyagers do not have a Coach F. Coaches E and (on double Voyagers) L are First Class.

TO THE OP: I don't think the 13:33 is declassified. Two evening services are declassified, but I've never known any others to be. Although NRE says that the train is Standard Class only, it also said that about the WAG Express, which definitely has First Class accommodation!

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
The 1333 is not declassified and is formed of a Voyager.

It's impossible to place reservations in Coach E on a Pendolino in any case, as it's wholly unreservable.

calc7

Established Member
How long has this train been about? I noticed it the other day when looking for a Friday afternoon ticket to Manchester and I was going to ask about it here but forgot.

Indeed, when booking, the VT website says the 1330 ex-EUS is the busiest departure on the Preston/Glasgow route so this additional one here makes sense.

stut

Established Member
Thanks, all.

Well, I'm glad that I'll get the freebies! But still a little confused - why would East Coast be taking bookings for it in FC, but Virgin not (not even Anytime fares)?

stut

Established Member
Well, to close this...

There was indeed a first class on this train and, judging from some of the overheard exchanges with the train crew, there had been confusion over whether FC was declassified. It wasn't. Still no idea why the VT website wouldn't sell it, but, well, that's their loss.

Ironically, after all this, they had to close the FC carriage due to a technical fault (but handled it well). Not a bad journey, and somehow far more pleasant than a XC Voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.