1422 Darlington - Kings X Sunday 20th November

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by heart-of-wessex, 21 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heart-of-wessex

heart-of-wessex Established Member

Hello all,

On Sunday the 20th, I was on the Flying Scotsman 91 set and was booked on the 1422 from Darlington to the Cross. I was going through my moves book to enter the headcode but I can't find a 1422 in the Journey Planner :?

I tried looking in FreightLocate but I can only find a 1425 under headcode 1E15 ex-Aberdeen. It makes sense as it is York than non stop to The Cross as was mine, but why is it a 91 set and advertised as the 1422?

I thought that maybe it was an additional or an extra but I booked this ages ago and my reservation clearly states 1422. I remember the seat reservation saying xx:xx EDB - KGX but I didn't note the headcode on it, wish I took it with me now!

I swear I thought we were due into the cross at 1710 (the TM may have said) but the 1425 is due in at 1641. We came in at 1701 so I can't mark down if we were early or late.
    My ticket was clipped with the ink stamp with headcode, but was set to 1S09!

Does anyone know what the headcode was and if it was a planned replacement for the ex-Aberdeen starting back at Edinburgh please?
    I didn't see a 1425 for Kings Cross on the screens at Darlington, just the 1422 to Kings Cross and a 1422 to Inverness.

Any help appreciated :D

Cheers,

James.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Anvil1984

Anvil1984 Established Member

Well it cant have come from Aberdeen if it was a 91 as the wires dont stretch that far North so something must have been afoot

4. heart-of-wessex

heart-of-wessex Established Member

Thats what I thought but I guessed maybe it was a set swap at Edinburgh as the path was in for it starting at Aberdeen so I doubt it was closed for engineering. But still it doesnt explain why the times don't match so since i am booked on it I doubt it was an 11th hour decision..

5. Techniquest

Techniquest Veteran Member

Might have been an earlier journey running at an later time as a result of the engineering works earlier on Sunday. A search on RailMiles' Headcode Search for your journey doesn't have a result earlier. Most strange...

6. attics26

attics26 Member

1E16 1230 Edinburgh - London due Darlo 1421-1423 WTT (1422 public)

7. Benno

Benno Member

The train was 1E16 12.30 Edinburgh to Kings Cross formed of 91101 and set BN10

There were a lot of alterations to ECML services last weekend due to Engineering works between Grantham & Peterborough. This was the probable reason for the re-timings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.