• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1497 off the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
I've heard 2 reports from different people of a derailment at Brockenhurst, apparently its 1497 as it was leaving the up siding

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It's definately happened, all trains seem to be terminating at Bournemouth.

Coxster

Established Member
Shame it was one of the CIGs! 1497 is the Blue and Grey one for those interested.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
No, it's better it was one of the CIG's, because it was coming from the siding it was empty, which means no Passengers could have been injured.

Much better than a 10-WES derailing at 50mph or something.

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
No, it's better it was one of the CIG's, because it was coming from the siding it was empty, which means no Passengers could have been injured.

Much better than a 10-WES derailing at 50mph or something.
Anything could have been coming out empty from an empty siding. I mean it is a shame it was one of the CIGs as it may be badly damaged and they were only redone recently.

AlexS

Established Member
If its derailed as it left the siding, the worst that will have happened is that it will have slight shoegear or bogie damage. Sidings track is obbviously usually dodgy, so things like this are reasonably expected. Nothing too serious.

jonb

Established Member
Damn an d it had to be the better one <( No doubt SWT will repair it anyway after spending all that money overhauling it.

Coxster

Established Member
jonb said:
Damn an d it had to be the better one <( No doubt SWT will repair it anyway after spending all that money overhauling it.
Exactly what I thought - Blue and Grey is the best BR livery IMHO (although this one is wrong with the metal arrows IIRC).

bunnahabhain

Established Member
No chance, best BR Liverys were the following

Steam Loco's - BR Lined Black
Diesel Loco's - Two Tone Green
Electric Loco's - Electric Blue & White
DMU's - Brunswick Green with Speed Whiskers
EMU's - Brunswick Green
Coaches - Blood & Custard

jonb

Established Member
Yeh.....

Anyway I have a contact at South West Trains based at Bournemouth who might know more...

jonb

Established Member
Again you really think they are going to reply? Those customer relations departments are for dealing with Complaints, Ticket Queries and Train Times. Not for kids emailing in when VEPS are out!

T

Tom

Actually, I have emailed them before about diagrams of 442s, and the happily told me some information (although if I wasn't lazy, I could have figured it out from the timetable).

TheSlash

Established Member
Bournemouth p-way informs me that 1497 passed a signal at danger and was rightly derailed by the catch points

Status
Not open for further replies.