• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

15 years of RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
Wow I joined in the current form in December 2006, no idea where the time went or has gone.

Well done to all who make and work on the forums.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Time flies :oops: :lol:

Happy belated birthday RailUK, I mean Railforums :p

I signed up to my first railway forum in August 2001 when I was gifted Microsoft Train Simulator for my birthday. I can't believe how much the world has changed and also how the online community shaped my life. I met my partner of 12 years as well as many, many other friends for life. I don't use my original account for various reasons but long may it all continue!

Veteran Member
Missed this a week ago - Happy belated birthday, and likewise many thanks to the admin team.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone who ordered a badge up until now, I will be sending out the first orders on Wednesday. If you were a member in 2015 and didn’t get a 10 year badge, there’s still some left, please PM me once you have placed an order.

Please note, the charge is only to cover the cost of postage. If you would rather wait, then the 15 year badges will be given out as forum meets resume.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How do I order a badge?
Hi, details are in post #21.

Cant provide direct link right now as on mobile but you can find it there, alternatively click on your avatar in the bar at top and go to ‘Account upgrades.’

jbqfc

i am coming up to a 5 years of membership i do not post much but find the forum very friendly informative and helpful

John

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
One of the biggest successes over the past five years as been our forum events programme which has gone from strength to strength. From our monthly forum meals in London and Yorkshire which, to walks and cycle rides, as well as multi-day trips and simple days out, hundreds of events have been attended by members from all over the country (and world!) and good friendships formed off-line.

I cannot emphasise enough this aspect of the benefits of attending forum meets. I have made many new friends all with a common interest as a result of attending these meets and have had many laughs and good times with them as a result. I was thinking last night that I might have been in a bad place mentally during this COVID crisis if it wasn't for the contact I have been able to maintain with them during this period. Here's to another 15 years of the forum where I hope to meet and make friendships with even more members.

Peter C

Established Member
Happy (belated) birthday RailUKForums! :)
I've been on here, what - two years this October? And whilst there have been many times when I've disagreed and had small arguments and debates with people, it's been really fun. I love reading people's posts about their interests - particularly the modelling section, where I've got many tips from the likes of @Cowley and @43055 , among several others. I've been able to share the progress I've made on my layout here, and the feedback and messages of praise are wonderful.

Anyway - here's to many more years of the forums!

-Peter

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When you say the PayPal link is only to cover postage, how much are the badges please? (I've already paid the £1.xx).
The badges are free of charge :)

Yours, and anyone who ordered a badge. These have been dispatched today.

Big Tim

Only just noticed this thread today, so very happy belated birthday to the forum! Have put my order in via Paypal for the badge.

I'm more a "reader than a poster", but login daily to keep myself informed and enjoy reading the debate and the opinions offered by the huge community here.

I echo the comments re: forum meals. The first I attended was in York in late January this year, followed up by two in West Yorkshire in February and March, really great to get to meet the faces behind the names, and enjoyable evenings were had on all three occasions, with friendships formed, train travel enjoyed and excellent food and drink eagerly guzzled! Hopefully there is "light at the end of this very long tunnel" (to coin a cliche), and we will be able to look forward to resuming these events when restrictions are lifted.

clagmonster

Established Member
:lol: The forum’s just reached the age where it starts slamming doors and drinking cider in the park...
Get a VEP then.

Thanks very much for the past 15 years. Doesn't feel it, frightening really that I too am 15 years older. Thanks for all the gen, the discussion, the entertainment. I have met a select few, will try to meet a few more. Apologies for any giberish I may have posted - it all seemed like a good idea at the time.

jbqfc

thanks got my badge to day well just the box had been hit by a large parcel and was flat and split open but both the pen and badge still in there

John

ryan125hst

Established Member
I'm a bit late with posting this, but Happy 15th Birthday RailUK Forums! I'd just like to say thank you to the team behind the scenes and also to everyone who posts. Here's to the next 15 years! :D

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
The realisation has just hit that I was a mere 3 years old when this website was made! o_O

Extremely belated, but happy birthday! A very friendly forum where it's easy to hold intelligent discussions covering a wide range of topics - long may it continue!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks to anyone who ordered a badge thus far. Any orders placed up to the present time have already been dispatched.

If anyone else wants one, then any orders placed after now will not be dispatched until next week. Again, if you were a member in June 2015, and did not get a 10 year badge then, please ensure you send me a PM after you have placed an order.

If anyone doesn't want to pay for postage, then the forum staff team will ensure that the 15 year badges will be available free of charge at any upcoming forum meets.