• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

150219 accessibility modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEW

Established Member
The PIS was switched on last time as well, but doesn't sound right at all. It sounds like two separate people have been used for the announcements, i.e. one lady doing the generic "Welcome aboard this First Great Western service to" and another just saying the station - it sounds a bit disorientated.
It is 2 separate people. All the generic bits are the same clips used in the Turbo PIS system but all the station names are new recordings by a different person.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vicbury

I saw this at Bath Spa last week; for some reason the front destination display was scrolling through 'Westbury' even though Westbury could fit on the display without scrolling. Odd.

superalbs

Established Member
I saw this at Bath Spa last week; for some reason the front destination display was scrolling through 'Westbury' even though Westbury could fit on the display without scrolling. Odd.

Saw the same on it, but it said Paignton, which also fit. How strange.

TheNewNo2

While I am of course in favour of disability modifications, it seems a bit odd that they're doing this when many Western platforms still have a 1ft step up and out to the train!

Parallel

Established Member
I was on 150219 on Saturday, it was running the Weymouth - Bristol Temple Meads morning service. Was full and standing, with about 12 people stood in the new disabled spaces, and more around the doors (plus a few in the aisle). The PIS was switched off.

Parallel

Established Member
I noticed 150238 has now been refurbised and has received its DDA mods (like 150219).

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
Having seats right outside the toilet door is still very wrong to me... morally, hygienically and because of space issues.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Having seats right outside the toilet door is still very wrong to me... morally, hygienically and because of space issues.

170s have had such seating oddities, for lack of a better word, for the last 15 or more years, so it's nothing new! 350s have as well.

Plus what about all those 142s, 143s, 144s, 150s, 153s, 155s, 156s and 158s that have had seating opposite the lavatory for multiple decades?

There is one advantage to seats there mind. If you've got a long journey ahead and you've just boarded with a large coffee, at least you're well placed for quick access! Of course, that's assuming they're not locked out of use...

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
170s have had such seating oddities, for lack of a better word, for the last 15 or more years, so it's nothing new! 350s have as well.

Plus what about all those 142s, 143s, 144s, 150s, 153s, 155s, 156s and 158s that have had seating opposite the lavatory for multiple decades?

There is one advantage to seats there mind. If you've got a long journey ahead and you've just boarded with a large coffee, at least you're well placed for quick access! Of course, that's assuming they're not locked out of use...

Apologies for the pedantry, but pacers have doors opposite the loos (apart from 144012 and the 141s, anyway).

superalbs

Established Member
Does this refurb contain the WiFi, ready to be enabled following the franchise start, or will this be fitted at a later date?

Status
Not open for further replies.