• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

150280 waiting transfer back to CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told last night that 150280 is at NC depot awaiting a path back to Cardiff Canton, does anyone know its path or timings?? Also if anyone gets any pics of this unit on its way back to Cardiff could they please post them on here.

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SprinterMan

Established Member
Awwww, 150280 will be sorely missed. I had the pleasure of doing a Norwich-Sheringham run on it, where I angered the guard at Norwich by using the end door as you do on a 153/156 because I wasn't paying attention as the InterCity I came in on was delayed so I had to run to make the connection :P

Adam :D

Established Member
I regret not going out for it at some point, would've been nice to go on a 150 in Anglia again after eight or so years, although then again I'd much rather be on 150s in the Welsh Valleys and on Cornish Branches than through a load of boring fields somewhere in Norfolk :P

SprinterMan

Established Member
I regret not going out for it at some point, would've been nice to go on a 150 in Anglia again after eight or so years, although then again I'd much rather be on 150s in the Welsh Valleys and on Cornish Branches than through a load of boring fields somewhere in Norfolk :P

A little harsh on Norfolk there, Norwich-Lowestoft and Norwich-Sheringham are really lovely lines :P

anthony263

Established Member
I am sure ATW will be very happy to have it back especially since it seems we could have lost another unit due to another incident involving a truck & train in Whitland the same crossing where 175002 had that accident last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-19020815

This latest incident couldn't have come at a worse possible time for ATW with us needing all the units we can get and lets hope 175002 is back out soon

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Yes, After I made an 'insurance' red pen trip on the unit when it was first rumoured to be going back I have travelled aboard the unit numerous times.. shame to see it tucked away at Norwich Crown Point all on its own waiting to head back to CF. It is one of two ATW 150s I have 'copped' this year, the other being 150279 between Smethwick Galton Bridge and Birmingham New Street!

I note that (at least) one seat cover is now in the East Anglian blue pattern, I do wonder how long this will remain!?

:( TP

dk1

Veteran Member
Tucked away :( Any intern info on the return? Is it likely to be soon? GBRF operated I guess?

Im going to block it in with a 153 & put a NOT TO BE MOVED board on & hope ATW will forget about our very own Welsh Wizard due course.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hehehe, brilliant plan! Until someone moves the 'Not to be Moved' board because they realise there is nothing wrong with it! Having checked the records, I can say that the last journey I made on this unit was 2S02 on Sunday 15th July; bringing it upto 5 journeys this year.

TP

Last edited:
does the unit still have its Greater Anglia Destination Blinds fitted or has it had its Arriva blinds refitted?

Any chance of some pics of it on 9 road please?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Yes, I saw her sitting on Crown Point this morning, how has the loss of unit been coped with, more coupled up 153s?

We must try to say hello at some point dk1 :smile:

TP

dk1

Veteran Member
Been told that the move should take place this week. No more info than that im afraid. Would have thought the blinds would have been done.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I am going Sudbury-Sheringham so I should see it.
Heading to the North Norfolk Adam ;)? Should easily be visible in both directions if there isn't a mainline set blocking the view from the rural lines end.

TP

SprinterMan

Established Member
Heading to the North Norfolk Adam ;)? Should easily be visible in both directions if there isn't a mainline set blocking the view from the rural lines end.

TP

Yepp :D

I saw it in the shed at Crown Point. It had no lights on and didn't look like it was going anywhere fast.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Original Post made at 1808 on 05/08

Doing my best :p
Couple it up and accidentally take them both out in service where its booked for 1x153 ;)

EDIT as at ~1940 on 07/08

Well, I passed Crown Point this evening, the only thing on the yard was a mainline set... Where has 150 280 Gone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.