• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

150s on the West Coast Mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCML

Was on the LM rattler going down to Euston this morning (26/06) and just after it pulled into Rugby at 10:19, 150 107 pulled alongside it in the next platform. What on earth was that doing down there?

I thought LM had retained a couple of 150s that I see regularly on Birmingham - Hereford runs, but not on the WCML?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Out of the 3 150s London Midland still retain, one still spends a week working out of Bletchley on the Marston Vale (Bletchley to Bedford) line, so most likely you'd have seen the change over unit at rugby - One unit heading down to Bletchley, swapping with the other 150 heading back to Tysley.

MK Tom

Established Member
I've seen 153s maxing themselves out on the WCML for the same reason.

As an interesting aside I don't know if anyone remembers the time all of Silverlink's 321s had to be withdrawn for a few days... You ended up with trains of 3x150 working all-station stoppers from Euston to Northampton! That was a different experience... 313s up this far north was another oddity of that event.

Established Member
As an interesting aside I don't know if anyone remembers the time all of Silverlink's 321s had to be withdrawn for a few days... You ended up with trains of 3x150 working all-station stoppers from Euston to Northampton! That was a different experience... 313s up this far north was another oddity of that event.

Did 313s definately work to Northampton during that riot? I didn't get one north of the Keynes - there was some can (245?) and a Mk2 set doing Bletchley-Northampton with the 313s/150 on Watford-M.Keynes shuttles. Was good to get a 313 off Leighton - certainly didn't think I'd have a Hornsey one on the WCML!

The 4x2 car 150 booked to work the 2036 Birmingham-Euston on Saturday nights for a while was a bit of a beast aswell as it attempted to keep 100mph timings - it didn't last too long as they realised the Sunday AM loadings didn't need 4 cars and they could cover that with BY units so didn't need to bring the TS ones down.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The Marston Vale set swaps have been all over the place these last few weeks as reliability has been a bit low for both the 150 and the 153.

Seeing the 153 hammering north the other Friday was fun! She cannae take much more of this captain! The Di-Lythiam crystals are degrading!

Status
Not open for further replies.