• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

155341/155347 working in Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Are 155341/155347 specially designated units or in some way different to the other Class 155s?

I only ask because, while I know the trains are predominantly found on local services out of Hull, the York service in particular, almost every day for the past two weeks I have noticed one of these two on Knottingley services (RTT)? But that’s not a one off - this was the case when I looked up the 155s back when Northern units first came onto RTT, a 155 would often stray onto Leeds Knottingley but would always be one of these two.

And then when I went to Leeds in January and June of 2020, it was exactly the same. I found 155347 on Knottingley turns both times, with 341 the first time.

Why is it always these two? Are they stabled at Neville Hill whereas the others stable at Hull? Or is it just pure coincidence? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Neptune

Established Member
100% pure coincidence. 155’s these days are diagrammed on Hull based workings but as they are based at Neville Hill there is nearly always one on the depot as a maintenance spare. If it is required to cover for anything it will generally replace a 158 on the Knottingley runs as it is local to Leeds (in and out every 90 minutes) and all Leeds crews sign them. If they were kicked out on a Sheffield for instance then it could cause problems as Sheffield crews don’t sign them.

Again it is pure coincidence that you see 341 & 347 regularly. In my 20+ years as a guard at Leeds I found some units always seemed to follow me around whereas other units I seemed to rarely work (144004 was a particular stalker as was 333010).

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Interesting thanks. Again, today 155347 is the 155 out of Leeds, going to Huddersfield today instead of Knottingley. It’s quite bizarre.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
155347 on the 1040 from Knottingley to Leeds again while the others work from Hull. There’s surely something going on here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.