• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

156450's Central Scotland Bash (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time for a report from me after a trip with a Central Scotland Rover.

Started off Yesterday , 28th April.

A Bus Run into Glasgow ensued with the usual shoppers etc at 9am.

Arrived into a fairly cool but sunny City Centre and headed to Queen St to collect the ticket.

Started out quiet. Took 334011 through to Edinburgh Via Bathgate at 10:24, first time in daylight (first trip was about a week after the line opened and arriving Edinburgh in the evening peak in the dark , line opened December 2010)

All went fine , no major issues. Oh , and for the info bashers , it was 2M30 09:57 Milngavie to Edinburgh Semi Fast)

Upon arrival at Edinburgh it was time to stock up on snacks and negotiate the mazes to exit the station for a swifto smoko! (Cigarette to those not in the know).

After that I took a gallop to Newcraighall on the 11:51 departure. 170393 was the chariot on the service (2K07)

Upon arrival at Newcraighall I disembarked expecting the Unit to head off to the turnback siding to form the return working , but it was only the Driver and Conductor that exchanged glances on the platform.

After dwell time was up , 170393 headed back on a Fife Circle service (2K01) with myself and a friend onboard.

We alighted at Kirkcaldy for a meet up with another friend and stopped off for a pint. After several hours we returned for the 17:48 to Edinburgh (1L04 , 17:00 Ex Perth) formed of 158869. Very pleasant inside compared to the original Scotrail 158's , wish the rest were like that! Of note , I also noticed I travelled on the set only 5 days earlier on the Anniesland - Maryhill - Glasgow Queen St service , shows the units don't half get about!

After a scurry down the line , rumble over the Forth Bridge and negotiate entering Haymarket , Edinburgh Waverley was reached roundabout on time.

After some searching for a place to eat , it was decided Burger King in Waverley was the option. One wave of a bite card later and we got food for less than £10 for 2 meals , not bad.

After that it was a leisurely pace to Platform 12 for the 19:15 (1R97) to Glasgow Queen Street.

All was well and I was starting to dose off after a nice day touring about then all hell broke loose.

A crowd of drunk women got on at Waverley and kept singing the Proclaimers "Life with you" (look it on youtube)

The version on youtube was better than them. I reported to the guard that I wasn't amused with the noise levels , the guard curteously put myself and my friend into First Class , what a lass , the guard that is. She also said she'd tell them to keep it down. Usual moans from the females , well , not sure as I couldn't lipread from the end of the coach looking through the sliding doors.

Upon arrival at Queen St it was decided to call it a night.

All wasn't quiet , got cheek off the females saying I used them as an excuse to Use first Class, not the case. Got peed off so said to them "Ever been on Britains got talent?"

They replied no , I said "Not surprised , your singings like a cat sliding down a chalkboard (things they used to have in school)" Result of abuse off the females.

Made an end to my enjoyable day. Hopefully back out through the week for more antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.