• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

156's make new ground on 1814 Kettering-Sheffield (20/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hairy Bear

Back in the last century I'm sure a pair of them worked from Notts to Pancras during a dispute we were having.

Did well to only lose 7 min on schedule though. Set worked in place of a 222 that had an exhaust fire I believe.

Still think themselves lucky................ could have been 5 Dogboxes coupled !

dk1

Veteran Member
Doubt it's a first. Back in the 89-90 timetable a Sprinter was booked for the 05:00 Kettering-Bedford. It then worked an 06:05 Bedford-Derby. At one point I think it even continued to the NW.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
In place of the cancelled Sheffield part of the 17:00 St Pancras - Corby/Sheffield?

Yes, only the Corby/Melton portion left St Pancras running short formed.

The 156s were waiting at Kettering to work the Sheffield portion forward.

class387

Established Member
It may be of note that on RTT 5F56 is timed for a max of 280mph!:D

D1009

Established Member
Back in the last century I'm sure a pair of them worked from Notts to Pancras during a dispute we were having.
Did well to only loose 7 min on schedule though. Set worked in place of a 222 that had an exhaust fire I believe.

Still think themselves lucky................could have been 5 dogboxes coupled !
Wouldn't have been the last century, 222s only started in 2004.

TheBigD

Established Member
Doubt it's a first. Back in the 89-90 timetable a Sprinter was booked for the 05:00 Kettering-Bedford. It then worked an 06:05 Bedford-Derby. At one point I think it even continued to the NW.

For 1 timetable period it ran through to Manchester via Dore curve and was booked a 158 which then went on to the Manchester-Cleethorpes circuit...

Hattermick

For 1 timetable period it ran through to Manchester via Dore curve and was booked a 158 which then went on to the Manchester-Cleethorpes circuit...

Yes can agree I rode 158 767 on the 29/03/1993 from Bedford to Manchester Piccadilly.Cant remember for sure but I think it was mainly a positioning move.

Status
Not open for further replies.