• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

159s through Brockenhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisM

I take it the class 159s are visiting Bournemouth depot but for what reason as i thought they were serviced and maintained at Salisbury.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
ChrisM said:
I take it the class 159s are visiting Bournemouth depot but for what reason as i thought they were serviced and maintained at Salisbury.
Interesting

ChrisM

Seems stupid.
Only asked because i was caught out by a 159 speeding through Brockenhurst Monday and couldn't get a decent photo as by the time i saw it it was gone,sure it had Fort William on the front. :shock:

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Seems stupid.
Only asked because i was caught out by a 159 speeding through Brockenhurst Monday and couldn't get a decent photo as by the time i saw it it was gone,sure it had Fort William on the front. :shock:

That was probaly the staff messing abround. any ideas on the next move?

Coxster

Established Member
I thought Bomo was for electric stuff and Salisbury for the West of England dmus?

TheSlash

Established Member
Coxster said:
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:
I thought Bomo was for electric stuff and Salisbury for the West of England dmus?
And i thought Ilford was for OHLE stock...
You thought wrong then ;)
Try telling that to all the blokes at a certain historical railway works on the South Western that could of done all these overhauls, especially as it's central to all the depots

Sprog

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:
Try telling that to all the blokes at a certain historical railway works on the South Western that could of done all these overhauls, especially as it's central to all the depots

The situation at Eastleigh was disgusting TBH and an awful shame. Out of interest, did most of the chaps from the Works get made redundant slash ( , or did they get re-loacted/found other jods etc? :?:

TheSlash

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:

The situation at Eastleigh was disgusting TBH and an awful shame. Out of interest, did most of the chaps from the Works get made redundant slash ( , or did they get re-loacted/found other jods etc? :?:
Luckily NR at Eastleigh were dramatically increasing their work force {something like 150% extra} so alot of the guys have been made redundant on the Friday and joined NR on the Monday.
It's good because we are finally getting some engineers in rather than muppets out of Eastleigh railway club and highly strung pricks from Vosper Thornycroft who think NR should be falling over themselves to put them on COSS courses etc etc
We just have to educate the works boys about the real railway though :lol: ;)

Julian G

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Coxster said:
not jusy OHLE stock, Diesels
Turbos went to Ilford for air con

Status
Not open for further replies.