• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16-25 Photocard valid for a season ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Hello all. This is the sort of question I could ask at a station ticket office, but I won't have a chance until I need to know tomorrow morning.

I have a 16-25 Railcard and separate 16-25 branded Photocard. I'm about to start commuting so need a photocard to get a season ticket. Is the 16-25 branded photocard acceptable, or do I need to get another one made up?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Thanks for the prompt reply. Don't you just hate having to buy a new four-square of passport photos, when you know you've got three left over from a previous ID purchase somewhere :D

Lampshade

Established Member
Thanks for the prompt reply. Don't you just hate having to buy a new four-square of passport photos, when you know you've got three left over from a previous ID purchase somewhere :D

Yes, because essentially it's the cost of the season ticket/railcard plus £5 for the photos.

Why there can't be a standard photocard with tick boxes for railcard/season ticket is beyond me.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
...£5 for the photos...

£5.99 in Snappy Snaps in Glasgow's West End this afternoon!

Not paying that. I'm going to tear my flat apart tonight looking for the leftovers... even if they are three years out of date with a mahoosive hair cut...

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
They don't have to be passport standard, my photocard (which is somewhere so may have to get a new one!) is simply a head shot I got a friend to take against a plain background. I then ran it through this website and printed it off :)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

TP

SS4

Established Member
Scan your 16-25 railcard and crop the photo. I have a Centro issued pass that I use for the purpose
Problem photo booths?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I have a Centro issued pass that I use for the purpose
Ahh, that reminds me, you can use any PTE issued photocard for the purpose of a season photocard even out of area.

I was going to say something else as well... Will edit if I remember. :oops:

Lrd

Established Member
For my railcard that was issued online I have an old Facebook profile photo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.