16.42 Clapham Junction to Brighton SN (01.05.15)

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by gray1404, 29 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Would I be right in saying that the 16.42 Clapham Junction to Brighton SN (01.05.15) is booked for a 12 car service? Would I have any problems boarding this service at Clapham Junction this Friday? Any changes of getting a seat....

(this might be a better train board to Brighton then get another train from there to Hove.)

2. DanTrainMan185

DanTrainMan185 Established Member

It was an 8 car 377 when I was on it January on a Friday and it was busy, but not to the point where I physically couldn't board. From observation most people got off at Trois Bridges.

3. CroydonPlanner

CroydonPlanner Member

This is a booked 12 car service. Normally busy from Clapham Junction, but you won't have any problems getting on. You should get a seat from East Croydon - although probably not seats together if you're travelling in a group.

4. tsr

tsr Established Member

As above, there are seats for individuals but probably not groups, and as it so happens, those seats are often towards the rear of the train.

And yes, it is booked for 12 coaches of 377 goodness. To give you an idea of how crowded it is, the conductor can usually get right through and at least check all the First Class areas, but it's a little bit of a squeeze at the pinch points.

5. starglazer777

starglazer777 Member

Get on coach 2 or 3 as most people going to East Croyden sit in this carriage for a quick exit. You might be standing until EC but it should be possible to get a seat after

6. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Sounds like a plan then, I get on at Clapham Junction and might have to stand for 9 minutesto East Croydon. I'm traveling on my own so a single seat is fine. Thanks guys!

7. tsr

tsr Established Member

If not, you'll find plenty of people get off from just behind the middle of the train at Three Bridges (but be quick, as quite a few then get on!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.