• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16.42 Clapham Junction to Brighton SN (01.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Would I be right in saying that the 16.42 Clapham Junction to Brighton SN (01.05.15) is booked for a 12 car service? Would I have any problems boarding this service at Clapham Junction this Friday? Any changes of getting a seat....

(this might be a better train board to Brighton then get another train from there to Hove.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
It was an 8 car 377 when I was on it January on a Friday and it was busy, but not to the point where I physically couldn't board. From observation most people got off at Trois Bridges.

This is a booked 12 car service. Normally busy from Clapham Junction, but you won't have any problems getting on. You should get a seat from East Croydon - although probably not seats together if you're travelling in a group.

tsr

Established Member
As above, there are seats for individuals but probably not groups, and as it so happens, those seats are often towards the rear of the train.

And yes, it is booked for 12 coaches of 377 goodness. To give you an idea of how crowded it is, the conductor can usually get right through and at least check all the First Class areas, but it's a little bit of a squeeze at the pinch points.

starglazer777

Get on coach 2 or 3 as most people going to East Croyden sit in this carriage for a quick exit. You might be standing until EC but it should be possible to get a seat after

gray1404

Established Member
Sounds like a plan then, I get on at Clapham Junction and might have to stand for 9 minutesto East Croydon. I'm traveling on my own so a single seat is fine. Thanks guys!

tsr

Established Member
If not, you'll find plenty of people get off from just behind the middle of the train at Three Bridges (but be quick, as quite a few then get on!).

Status
Not open for further replies.