16.57 London Bridge to Hove (boarding at East Croydon)

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by gray1404, 28 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

The 16.57 EX London Bridge, forming the 17.11 ex East Croydon to Hove arr. 18.00 SN
    is this likely to be a jam packed service this Friday 1/5/15 and am I likely to have trouble boarding this service at East Croydon (or getting a seat)? How many coaches is this service normally booked for? I'm a bit worried about not being able to get on it. I cannot get an earlier service as all my connecting trains before that are on an Advance ticket. Really do need to be there fore 18.00.

2. Abpj17

Abpj17 Member

I can't speak for that specific service, but the usual commuting patterns may not apply as it's a Friday before the Bank Holiday; some people will have Friday off; others will be keen to get home/to the coast for the weekend; and rush-hour on Friday is often spread out a little more with people leaving early, or later if they've been to the pub.

3. NSE

NSE Established Member

I'd be staggered if you couldn't get on at all. Plenty of people get off at East Croydon. You might be standing, but I doubt you'll be left behind

4. MCR247

MCR247 Established Member

Booked 8 377

5. TimG

TimG Member

You are unlikely to get a seat. It is very rare not to be able to board at East Croydon.

6. gray1404

7. TEW

TEW Established Member

I caught this service today from London Bridge-East Croydon. There was disruption on the line so I imagine there were far more people attempting to board than normal but a lot of people attempting to board at East Croydon were unable to do so.

8. Swaffrail

Swaffrail Member

Try getting on the front of the train, most of the East Croydon passengers go to the front because it's near the stairs for the exit and will therefore be vacating some room if not a seat.

9. sarahj

sarahj Established Member

Good job you were not going for it last night, it was my train and it got cancelled.

10. gray1404

11. tsr

tsr Established Member

Your link is for yesterday and not the day before, which is the day to which sarahj refers... I believe.

12. gray1404

So sorry, yes, I overlooked that! Sorry!

13. tsr

tsr Established Member

No worries :)

14. sarahj

sarahj Established Member

lol, its funny when someone says, 'hey your train ran', funny as the guard (me) was at London Bridge, the driver at Barnham, and the stock that comes up from Caterham, was, well who knows.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.