• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16 and over Apprenticeships on the Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenW390Fan

Hi all, I've been looking for ages and I can't seem to find any railway apprenticeships that allow 16 year olds other than Network Rail Engineering. Network Rail apprenticeships seem to be on-track rather than on stations, depots or on trains which is what I prefer. When I turn 16, I'll be looking for an apprenticeship on the railway. Are they any apprenticeships that allow 16 yo's to work on stations, depots or trains?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OliverH68

GTR do an Operations Apprenticeship. Think applications open around March/April time which involves operations in the Three Bridges ROC. Pay is around £15k.

Bosch91

Many TOC’s take on train maintenance apprenticeships during the summer for sept start at college. I I’ve seen northern advertise for at least the previous 2 years.

BenW390Fan

GTR do an Operations Apprenticeship. Think applications open around March/April time which involves operations in the Three Bridges ROC. Pay is around £15k.
I unfortunately don't live anywhere in the areas that GTR operate.

Many TOC’s take on train maintenance apprenticeships during the summer for sept start at college. I I’ve seen northern advertise for at least the previous 2 years.
Are these for 16 year olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.