• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1606 Paddington - Liskeard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Good Afternoon Chaps,

Could any of you knowledgeable people advise if this HST is potentially a very busy service on a Friday, the actual date in question is 8th September, if so then any advice of which could be the quieter departures would be most appreciated,

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dave87016

Established Member
1506 departure can be busy on arrival at Westbury but a lot alight there and then its quiet upto Exeter so that shouldn't be a problem for you as you would already have a seat

Techniquest

Veteran Member
1606 is normally pretty damn busy in my experience, I would advise against it, the 1706 and 1806 out of Paddington if possible. Especially without a reservation!

Ash Bridge

Established Member
1606 is normally pretty damn busy in my experience, I would advise against it, the 1706 and 1806 out of Paddington if possible. Especially without a reservation!

Tech, many thanks for that advice, it's now going to be the 12:05 or 14:06, it's actually not myself travelling but my 80 years old mum, auntie who's 78 and two other family members aged around 70. Was actually going to book 1st class seats as it was the the only service offering Advance 1st tickets, the prices on the earlier services were silly money.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Those services will be busy still, as are all West Country services, but will be better. Hopefully they'll have a good journey!

Kite159

Veteran Member
Those services will be busy still, as are all West Country services, but will be better. Hopefully they'll have a good journey!

Although I was surprised last Friday with the 17:03 Paddington - Penzance being empty when I boarded at the (pick-up only stop) at Reading. Easy enough to grab seats

Status
Not open for further replies.