• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Little enquiry here,
on Saturday I saw 168217 stabled in the sidings near to Birmingham Snow Hill. However, it was in a 3-car formation, as opposed to 4 car as listed on www.thejunction.org.uk Can anyone please tell me which car was missing, and whether it was due to failure or whether it has been formed into another set.
Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Is it not one of the units being strengthened to four car? Many of the new centre cars are still on Aylesbury depot.

clagmonster

Established Member
Ah right. I was going by the lists on www.thejunction.org.uk which do have 2 spare centre cars listed. If this is the case, do you know which centre car would have been formed in the unit.

The Gricer

Joe H said:
Chiltern are always chopping and changing to amount of cars in their units.
I wouldn't say they are always chopping and changing. Adding new extra vehicles yes, but they don't change them around much.

Frank

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When I did my work experience at Aylesbury TMD in 2004, the number of cars in 168/0s kept changing due to their unreliable engines, and also there have been problems with the hand dryers setting fire to bog roll left in the sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.