• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16th Feb: Carlisle to Steeton & Silsden via the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travelled up last night (Wed 15th) from Steeton direct on 1806 Leeds-Carlisle on 158848, to stay in the nearby travelodge.

Bright and early start to do the loco-hauled down to Barrow. Plenty of bashers on board, but more importantly plenty of workers too. 37423 on the front and ran to time, despite losing abit while waiting for a late unit, this prompted a impromtu photo stop. Unit arrived and we proceeded.

At Barrow, it was onto 185140 to head for Preston, here I decided to do the Ormskirk branch as its a while since I had last done it. At Ormskirk 142055 gave way to 507003. Bailed off that at Sandhills for the Hunts Cross service to South Parkway on 508122. Plan was then to head into Lime St, but that soon changed when the Liverpool-Norwich rolled in formed by my last EMT 158 for haulage (158846), so did that to Piccadilly. Then headed for victoria via Salford Crescent on 150138 from pic for 150111 (another winner) at Salford to Victoria.

After a quick lunch, I did the 1421 Man Vic-Leeds via Bradford throughout on 155345/153360 and finished on 333009 to Steeton & Silsden. Total Miles 286

I did this on a Northwest rover 4/8 I have bought, which is ideal given I am heading for Manchester Airport tomorrow, and returning on Tuesday. Also the time restriction doesnt apply on the Cumbrian Coast, so I was able to find a use for the other 2 days easy enough in going for the 37 this morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ashworth

Established Member
Sorry about wrong heading put it there by accident following a previous posting in another thread!

I think the North West Rovers are fantastic value. I have made use of a 7 Day one every summer for about the last 8 years whilst staying with friends near Blackpool. It covers such a wide variety of locations over a large area for the price. Even at the increased price of £80 its still good for a week of travel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.