• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

17:30 Glasgow Central-London Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Good Evening Folks,

I'm looking to travel 1st class on this service from Carlisle (18:45) to Crewe on Tuesday or Wednesday of the last week of April. I'm aware from the timetable information that a hot evening meal is available on this service but can anyone confirm if we are likely to be offered this during the above leg of the journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndrewE

Established Member
If you look at the Virgin "pocket" VTWC/WCML timetable you will see that your departure has a dark green highlighting. Page 5 (where the notes are) says "(J) Complimentary ... evening meal service... served to our first class customers joining at stations shaded in the relevant route colour."
Are you asking if they actually deliver on the promise, or if the meal is worth waiting for?
Personally I would probably fill up at a Wetherspoons or fish and chip restaurant first rather than be disappointed!

furgus2

On the one occasion I’ve boarded this train at Carlisle I was told that the hot meal was no longer available

AndrewE

Established Member
On the one occasion I’ve boarded this train at Carlisle I was told that the hot meal was no longer available
Apologies, it seems it was a question well worth asking. I have also eaten at the Griffin on the corner of the station square. Maybe the Edinburgh trains are less crowded.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
If you look at the Virgin "pocket" VTWC/WCML timetable you will see that your departure has a dark green highlighting. Page 5 (where the notes are) says "(J) Complimentary ... evening meal service... served to our first class customers joining at stations shaded in the relevant route colour."
Are you asking if they actually deliver on the promise, or if the meal is worth waiting for?
Personally I would probably fill up at a Wetherspoons or fish and chip restaurant first rather than be disappointed!

Yes I could see that when viewing the online version but unfortunately it only displays page 51 onwards so was unable to check the info on page 5, thanks for the advice about Wetherspoons!

Thanks for that, doesn't sound too promising then?

Status
Not open for further replies.