• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

170 bing to 158 bing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

how do you change the 170 bing to the 158 bing.

The reason i ask is that IMO the 170 bing is too high, and anyway, it hurts my ears as i use DJ style headphones. thanks any way.

Unfortunatly it isn't a simple copy & paste, and click on overwrite :cry: as they have different names.

Would copying the 158 bing over then deleting the old name of the 170 with the name noted, then renaming the 158 bing work

ps. check out the underlined bit of my sig :toothy8:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon_G

The 170 AWS clear sounds are

170_aws_bing.wav
170_aws_bingling.wav (the short version heard at the end of the AWS/TPWS self test)

the corresponding 158 files are

aws_bing.wav
158_aws_bingling.wav

All you need to do is copy these files into the 170 folder then change the entries in the 170's sound.cfg file for ATS0 and ATS1, thusly:

Code:
[Ats]
0 = Aws_bing.wav
1 = 158_aws_bingling.wav

nutter

I've changed it the Simon_G way, simply because it meant a bit of coding. Do any train builders fancy doing a tutorial similar to dennises routes, but for trains, maybe making a 150 in the process to finnish the 15x class (155 = 156 IMO)

Thanks guys, just done the 08:05 to miller street without needing to take the headphones off at every clear signal (there weren't that many anyway). Thanks again

Simon_G

Better to change the config file as you have done, nutter as two different files with the same name could cause confusion (unless you call them Bruce to keep things clear).

Sorry, there isn't a guide or tutorial to the process of building BVE4 trains as no one person knows how to do everything - so far they've all been team efforts. Don't let that put you off though and feel free to pick our brains as you go along. In particular, you'll need to ask me about configuring the plugin, unless I've got round to documenting it by then...

BTW, a 150 willl be very welcome, but the shirley 155 = 2 x 153 ?

Coxster

Established Member
Simon_G said:
BTW, a 150 willl be very welcome, but the shirley 155 = 2 x 153 ?
Depends which cab was modeled on the 153 as each end are different so only one end is the same as a 155. I'm guessing it is the old cab has been modelled, though, as it has a seperate main res gauge, uinlike most second gen DMUs.

ikar

Coxster said:
Depends which cab was modeled on the 153 as each end are different so only one end is the same as a 155. I'm guessing it is the old cab has been modelled, though, as it has a seperate main res gauge, uinlike most second gen DMUs.

The cab in the 153 is the 'small cab' other end is same as a 156 (it's a 155 acctually)

wumpty

ikar said:
The cab in the 153 is the 'small cab' other end is same as a 156 (it's a 155 acctually)

Other way around, The 153 view in BVE is the A end or 'big cab'!

The 'B' end has the reverser and PA handset down to the left of the drivers seat, and cheap plastic surounds to the brake and throttle rather than the stainless steel ones in the big cab. Not to mention there ain't room to swing a Sportis box.

If that's the case then isn't the wiper the wrong way up? It's only that way up on the new smaller cabs..... or am I mistaken?

Lol, Ooh can I beta test the next one... hehe. But seriously I just happened to notice it, glad to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.