• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

170101 in collision [Bad damage - pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
Very nasty, i hope there were no serious injuries. It may well be repaired, they repaired a melted and burnt out 159 centre coach at Derby.
It may also find a spare DMOC somewhere

AlexS

Established Member
Dunno where, as far as I can tell, all Turbostar driving vehicles are currently in service, including the three renta rats (Central, even been branded). So where they will find a replacement, I have no idea. Maybe One...

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Nick said:
170101 is now in March

I told Central Trains not to let Doctor Who drive :roll:

Luckily nobody was killed otherwise we would have known 3 days ago when it happened.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I cant count, for example if you asked me 1x1 I would come up with 2 ;)

*edit* Perhaps Doctor Who messed with this thread ;)

KevinR

Ouch! Luckily no one was killed... but I'm sure she'll be back in action soon... especially if they managed to repair a melted 159 coach!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
I cant count, for example if you asked me 1x1 I would come up with 2 ;)

*edit* Perhaps Doctor Who messed with this thread ;)

don't worry mate! I shortchanged someone £11 today - well it wasn't my fault he drove off lol! :lol:

back to the 170 though, looks a bit of a mess doesn't it! I'm sure the nice people at Bombardier will be able to fix it though! Anyone know how the driver is?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Jim said:
HSTfan!!! said:
don't worry mate! I shortchanged someone £11 today - well it wasn't my fault he drove off lol! :lol:

Keep it?

he came back lol! I didn't actually notice myself so it was only when he came back I realised, the managers would have looked at me stupid if I was £11 over when I cashed up at the end of the day!

Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
Its at Bombardier Derby awaiting repairs

ah good to hear!

clagmonster

Established Member
There's no obvious damage to the frames so it will be OK. Will probably just need new bodyside panels/windows and possibly a couple of minor components replacing. It looks worse than it actually is.

clagmonster said:
There's no obvious damage to the frames so it will be OK. Will probably just need new bodyside panels/windows and possibly a couple of minor components replacing. It looks worse than it actually is.

You sure, the front passenger doors look pretty buggered :(

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Chaz said:
Can always be replaced. Bombo will fix it within the month.

I expect they will! good old bombo eh! I'm not the biggest fan of class 170 but it does look pretty bad doesn't it, will be good to see it running around asap! :)

Darren

AlexS said:
So where they will find a replacement, I have no idea. Maybe One...

Well One would be the last place to get a spare from, they use 11 of their 12 turbostars per day

steve158

bring back a 158 from somewhere!!

available units are a bit thin on the ground right now, particularly at leicester and nottingham.

earlier this week the 16.26 to worksop was a single coach 153 :!:

Lewisham2221

Established Member
steve158 said:
bring back a 158 from somewhere!!

available units are a bit thin on the ground right now, particularly at leicester and nottingham.

earlier this week the 16.26 to worksop was a single coach 153 :!:

Well, they seem to think (and have done for a while) that a single 153 is suitable for Crewe-Skeggy, thank god they couple it with a 156 when it comes back towards the end of the evening peak.

steve158

i can't remember seeing that recently, at worst it's two 153s stuck together.

i think we should borrow a pacer from somewhere and stick it on the mansfield woodhouse service :D :lol:

Lewisham2221

Established Member
steve158 said:
i can't remember seeing that recently, at worst it's two 153s stuck together.

i think we should borrow a pacer from somewhere and stick it on the mansfield woodhouse service :D :lol:

last time i travelled on the crewe-skeggy line, about 2 weeks ago, (stoke-derby section) it was (times at Stoke):

0934 - 156
1034 - 158
1134 - single 153

the 156 and 153 diagram seems to be pretty much regular (every time i've seen it basically) with the other one shown above being either a 158 or 170.

steve158

makes sense i suppose, with the shortage of units like i've just mentioned.

in general, if it's a couple of 153s, it's come from boston depot, 156/170 nottingham and a 158 from crewe. at a guess.

steve158 said:
makes sense i suppose, with the shortage of units like i've just mentioned.

in general, if it's a couple of 153s, it's come from boston depot, 156/170 nottingham and a 158 from crewe. at a guess.

I travel on the 11.06 from tutbury and hatton alot as a commuter and a nice selection we have, mostly 170s and 158s, but occasional 156 or doubled up 153. At end of day, I aint bothered. As long as it gets me to derby

Status
Not open for further replies.