• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18:19 Kings Cross to Newcastle 22-4-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rattler

Travelled on this service tonight as I often do.

Announcement as we passed Huntingdon that train would terminate at Peterborough due to a train fault.

We arrived in Peterborough pretty much on-time into platform 1 and customers travelling north advised to board the train on platform 5.

What I think happened was they terminated the 17:45 from Leeds at Peterborough. This train then took the passengers from the original 18:19 to Newcastle. The 18:19 then went back to London in place of the 17:45 from Leeds (hope this is still making sense :D)

All seemed rather odd to me, although fair play to VTEC for thinking outside the box or does this happen often?

Also intriguing that the "train fault" still allowed us to arrive in time and then the train to travel back to London in passenger service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The Rattler:2146694 said:
Both trains were 225's
I was thinking it could have been a fuel issue. I've had that before on northern, basically a set swap, I was boarding at the station where the swap happened so can't say whether it was announced as terminating or a set swap.

Obviously not a fuel issue on a 225 :D

Must have been something that required the set to be back in Bounds Green tonight though.

amywok

Was on the Leeds 17.45. Advised by guard and VEC Twitter that the train was terminated due to a fault. Despite the swap only 11 mins late into kx

The set on the 1819 had a door fault, which could only be rectified by returning the set to Bounds Green depot overnight, otherwise it would not be fit for traffic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.