• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

180 Adelante at depot outside Alexandra Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
I saw a 180 sitting in the depot at Alexandra Palace behind a shunter, but still in old FGW colours. Would this be en EC, HT or GC set?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
The Hull Trains 180 have the dynamic lines First livery. The Grand Central ones are in black livery. Two East Coast 180s are in First Great Western livery, the three subleased from East Coast to Northern have had the First branding covered with Northern's purple colour.

Jordy

Established Member
The Hull Trains 180 have the dynamic lines First livery. The Grand Central ones are in black livery. Two East Coast 180s are in First Great Western livery, the three subleased from East Coast to Northern have had the First branding covered with Northern's purple colour.

Only one of Hull Trains 180s is in the dynamic lines, and not all of the GC ones are in black. Its likely that this would've been a GC one.

theblackwatch

Established Member
If you mean Bounds Green dept, it would most likely have been East Coast's 180104.

Darandio

Established Member
I am sure it is that one Blackwatch, it was taken there last week wasnt it.

jon0844

Veteran Member
It has been sat in the same place for a while now. Doesn't appear to have moved an inch.

Or maybe it always moves when I'm not there and they put it back to confuse me!

TheWalrus

Established Member
If you mean Bounds Green dept, it would most likely have been East Coast's 180104.

Could be, I don't know the depot names on this route! But it's clearly an EC depot. Plus theres only EC trains in there, FCC have a depot at Hornsey I think?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Permanently? Its always hidden by one for a couple of hours per day.

I didn't say permanently, but I've never seen the 180 a) in that position before (it was always tucked away so you only saw it on the Hertford Loop) or b) blocked by a GC train. So, given that it was during my normal commute, I figure it's not permanent!

Voyager 2093

What is the current situation with the 180s can anyone give me the exact numbers and their fate because there is still a 180 at Old Oak Common Depot.

jon0844

Veteran Member
The 180 outside the Bounds Green depot today, and not hidden or shielded by anything, was a Hull Trains liveried set (well, FGW with Hull Trains written on). My guess is that it isn't an EC set on that basis!!

adc82140

Established Member
There was a Hull Trains liveried (full dynamic lines) 180 outside OOC this morning looking in full ex-works condition. Couldn't ID it (was on fast moving HST)- does anyone know which unit this was, and what it was doing there?

jon0844

Veteran Member
I am beginning to wonder if they're winding people up at Bounds Green. Each day it seems to be a different 180 set in the same position - and for different operators!

Actually, this afternoon there was another GC HST which might have been in its place or hiding it.

Aictos

Established Member
Well there's a 180 in former FGW livery which has been graffitied over two coaches, couldn't see if it was in use by Hull Trains as I only saw it as I was en route to my stations.

Didn't get the number as I couldn't see it from my position at Bowes Park or upon the flyover into Bowes Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.